Why does my black cat arch is back?

Why does my black cat arch is back?(not my picture)
When he does it, it's obviously not malicious. He does it all the time and it's so cute. He will do it simply after I walk from my bedroom to living room and he will murr, run ahead of me, arch and start bouncing around playfully.

I think he's doing it to try and make me pet him since I react by smiling and laughing everytime. He is very talkative and is always wanting attention. I just don't understand why he started this. Did I condition him to do this? I've had cats in the past but none have arched and been as playful as he is. I thought arching was solely for being scared or in a fight but he does it daily seemingly for attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya you did that's what cats do when scared but you conditioned him to do it to get attention

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah they do it when the wanna play, all mine do it too and they do it when they are having a mad five minutes and chase one another up the stairs. I guess if he knows that you know he wants to play when he does this, he'll keep doing it everytime he wants attention? I think they learn it in their kitten days

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0