Why can't all the sates in the U. S. just have the same time zone?

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the time right now!! right now it's 12 pm over there in Texas and her only 10!! I miss Texas!!

so, where are you from people? What time is it wherever you are? :)

12 am*
Ahh I know why people, I just want them all to be the same!., :(

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 23

• (1) Love your new profile pic
    (2) The concept of time zones was invented for daylight - I think there are 5 in the US including Hawaii so lets standardise them to the one in the middle - While it is dawn for sake of example time to get up in standard zone people to the east have wasted up to two hours of daylight waiting to get up - At dusk for sake of example time to go to bed in standard zone, people to the west will lose up to two hours of daylight going to bed early.
    (3) It is has just gone 11.20 am in Ireland.

• -shakes head-

• There is one time zone that the whole world is on; Zulu

• I assume you mean the contiguous US. I think the east coast and west coast are off by 3 hours, right? Then having the same time zone would probably make time on the east coast 1.5 hours behind and the west coast 1.5 hours ahead. That would be fine. Daylight Savings already messes it up about that much anyway. Just as it starts naturally getting darker earlier, the time shifts to make it even earlier, just so the mornings are consistent.

• I am in New Zealand and it is 7:12 pm on Friday night. :)

• Well because it's not really their choice to choose time zones..,, it's based on the position of the sun and where you are on the globe

It can't be daytime everywhere right? Lol and it can't be night when the sun it up... so you can't have the same time zones

• Haha here in Belgium it will be 6 to 9 hours later than in the USA... when you get out of bed I'm preparing for dinner :D
    The world has some construction errors hahahaha!

• That would mean some children on the west coast would be walking to school in the dark during much of the year, while some children on the east coast would be walking home from school in the dark.

• Time zones were created for one purpose. Trains. Back when trains were the way to get around, people were missing the train because of odd scheduling and all that. So, they made time zones, which made it easier to catch the train. Now that people don't use them anymore, why not just get rid of the time zones?, right?

• I'm from PA and it's like 5:30 PM. Time zones are important so people on the west coast don't go to bed when it's still daylight out or people on the east coast waking up when it's still dark out wasting electricity having lights on.

• Woah, I didn't know you were another PA G@Ger!

• @epiman94 Their are a few other gagers besides me from PA but I don't remember their name or know if their still active or not..

• Yeah, I can two other very active users.

• Lol because the earth is a sphere.

• Yeah I was betrayed

• yeah it is confusing

• it's 8:28pm here in the Philippines. well don't mind about me, it's not a state in U. S.

• Just like the video said, it's all in the International Date Line

• I think it's based on how the earth moves and geographically how it works.

• Because it's very very big :) I'm in New Zealand where it's just gone midday.

• because they're too far apart duh and earth rotates on the vertical axis

• Can have the same time zone. For example India also a large country and have and have the same time zone. Then in US also possible to avoid difficulties.

• I stay in FL so I'm an hour ahead of you.

• because the world is round and constantly spinning.

• Because the Eart revolves on its' axis. lol. I'm not in the US.

• because the world doesn't work that way

What Girls Said 11

• its currently 12:25am in Texas. Having the same time zone wouldn't really be effective because we are so wired by the sun and the moon. We want to know that when the sun comes out, its 6am or whatever close to that, and when it sets, its a recognized night time hour. Places in perpetual sunshine or darkness around the globe, meaning the time doesn't really correlate with the rising and setting of the sun as this doesn't occur, have some major adjustment issues and find life difficult without that natural reassurance. Time zones really aren't a problem unless you travel frequently, which many do not.

• ... DO NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT TIME ZONES LOL! at least u live within a reasonable distance from most countries in the world!

i've got up to 19 hours difference with some of y'all -.-

• its actually 11.59 am here!!! Mauritius

• That's funny.. lol. Because it's 12:34 AM in Oklahoma and I'm just above Texas so... the fact that they're getting daylight and I'm not is weird. ;D

• Because the north American continent is just to big to fit in just 1 timezone. Same with all the other continents they are just to big to just fit in 1 time zone.

I'm on the south eastern part of the USA and it's 9:26am here.

• If you didn't know, the world is divided in 24 time zones, one for each hour of the day, the US is in four of them.

0037 hours, where I am.

• nooo99... come back to central time zone

• I'm in Florida, and it's 1:30am.

• ... because the sun

• I'm in the central time zone. At the moment it's 12 noon.

• I'm in Australia and it's 3:30pm... tomorrow. How do you think we feel?