Is this place really private?

I was threaten by someone on here.. Is this really safe to ask personal questions? And does this share any personal information?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you don't post any personal info, the site is pretty safe. I'm sorry you were threatened cuz that's dumb of someone to do. You can report them if you haven't

• I used my regular email and nothing else really. I feel worry what if this person knows me? It's scary

• I commented on it if you see your recent notification

• Oh okay. But yeah what you should know about this site is anyone on this sure can click into your profile and see all your questions/opinions. That's what @sam19xx is talking about. But if you never say your name or personal info, nobody could actually know it's you. You can also post stuff annonomously then people couldn't even know which profile you are. So as long as you don't tell anybody who you are/where you're from etc, I think it's a safe site

What Guys Said 8

• Remember you can never delete questions really, just disavow them (anonymous). And like all things online, information you post on here is now property of someone else.

• don't share personal information or pictures and you'll be safe.
    and report the person who threatened you

• Nope, this place is not safe , as a older man age 47 i watch myself
    cause i been attacked by people with them asking me strange
    things such as : Are you a adult man , yes for pete sakes i am
    adult man with mental challenges i get called a child i can show
    my face on Skype i am 47 year old man? Kind makes me sad :(
    i came close to leaving many time :(

• Loool if you only knew how many people are watching your answers/questions. And not only on this site...

• That's pretty funny

• No place is safe girl.

• Try not to take this site too seriously, yo, if you do, you'll drive yourself nuts

• I'd feel a lot better if it was encrypted (https for example) but it's not. With that being said it's about as safe as anywhere else on the internet. Don't post personal information (Real name, address, phone number, e-mail or any of that crap) and don't take photos of yourself; specifically you're face or identifiable body traits (tattoos, birthmarks, etc). Then you should be ok.

Could someone still hack the site and dump a connection log to correlate your user account back to an IP which might yield an address, sure. Unlikely though; just don't share personal info and that's usually enough to keep you relatively safe.

What Girls Said 1

• GirlsAskGuys never shares your personal information. If you are concerned about your privacy, we advise not to share personal information. If you have a complaint about a user, please block the user and report them for harassment so we will be notified and can look into it.