Grammar Nazi, Mathematical Genius, or Rocket Scientist?

Which class did you excel (or excelling) in? English, math, science, or neither.

• English / Any language class
  • Math / Any math class
  • Science / Any science class
    Vote C
  • Neither
    Vote D

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess it depends, really. As far as testing goes, I've always gotten perfect scores in mathematical assessment tests (SATs, ACTs, ASVABs, GREs..), but don't do so well in courses, and don't really know. I usually get 'borderline retarded' scores in English assessment tests, but I'd like to think that I can write better than my test scores indicate. And when it comes to sciency things, well, I score high, but not the 'perfect' scores like I get in math, and I'm an engineering grad program so I must be doing something right..

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say English. I still make mistakes, but I love reading and writing the most, and had top marks in those classes. Science was a close second, but I didn't love all my science courses. I only like two math classes, the rest kind of bored me.

History courses was actually my second best class. Anything to do with various cultures, people, architecture, etc. was very interesting for me.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 26

• I was always very good at English in school, which was a foreign language class in my case. I'm generally quite good with languages. I was also good at French, which is mandatory for 9 years in my country and I excelled at German, which was the native language subject.
    However, I definitely wouldn't call myself a grammar nazi ;-). I think this has to do with the fact that one of my two majors at university is English literature and linguistics. Being a linguist and being a grammar nazi is mutually exclusive because grammar nazis are extremely prescriptive, which is something more typical for 17th and 18th century grammarians. Modern academic linguists have a very descriptive approach to language and prescriptivism such as the one propagated by grammar nazis is generally considered ignorant and unscientific. Personally, I most certainly go for the academic view rather the one shared by grammar nazis.

• I sucked at school, more due to apathy, but English is probably my strong suit. I just hate reading books, so I usually did badly in that class too though, haha. But I got a 780 out of 800 on my SAT Verbalโ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ† Don't ask about the math part๐Ÿ˜‚

• History! :p
    Got equal scores on Maths, Science and English, but that's got a lot to do with me screwing up my coursework for all of them. I was predicted at a A*/A* for double Science, A/A for English Lang/Lit and B+ for Maths. I did not achieve these goals :p

• I didn't have any bad classes. School came too easy to me. I was a jock with a photographic memory and an IQ of 140. Never studied and barely stayed awake in class. Only class I seemed to have to do any actual effort was in Spanish. Processing a different language doesn't come as naturally.

• I was really good at English (still not a native), but I was also decent in Math. Not the best, but one of the best in class.

• I was far too good for my English/language classes. I used to sit at the back of the classes doing nothing besides scoring top marks, or close to top marks on all my exams.

I was horrible at maths and chemistry and above average in History and Geography.

• Out of those, all of them but more so with science. Out of all my classes, history and music were my strongest subjects.

• I was poor with languages, but i really enjoyed maths and science.

• Even though my grammar and writing skills, I'd like to think are quite good, I am a total math whiz. I have already completed classes equivalent to Calculus I and II and am a senior in high school. I'm going to major in math.

• My grammar is horrible, but I always tested 99th percentile for writing and reading comprehension.

• I'm more into science. English class sucks and maths is pretty alright. Not good at it than I'd like to be. I aced at engineering class. My only proud moment in school.

• I'm finding a weird pattern that dudes just suck at English lol.

I'm a writer though. I write poetry, stories, and all for fun. I love to write, so my Minor at college is creative writing. But poetrys my baby.

• Lol I'm seeing a pattern as well, but yes, creative writing and poetry is definitely special.

• Math was my least favourite subject in college, but it was the subject that I was best at.. Bad cocktail :[

• All of the above, but no other classes. I suck at art, hate history and I've never liked sports or PE.

• All of them! Hahaha ha ha hahaha!
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...sukZ8Q1rjx7h0o3_400.gif

• Neither lol I was just average at all of the except math I was below average in that lol.

• Maths & science

• Science I was a bit of a geek in school

• I always like science the best, particularly biological science

• Combination of all these ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• i am very good at Math, always have been. i guess i understand numbers better than letters

• Science.
    I LOVE SCIENCE.

• I excelled at math.

• Fantastic with Math and Science but sucked at English

• For me, it was weird. I nearly flunked math in junior high and high school, but in college, I did better in math classes than just about anyone. I actually studied in college; that may have had something to do with it.

• I've met people whose math skills are better than mine pretty often, even though I score well into the top 1% on tests. I very seldom meet people whose reasoning, insight or retention is better than mine so I'd say that's my strong suit.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm good at English, but I was awful at maths and science. My course now is very related to my English classes (e. g. essay based, focuses on reading and comprehension) so that explains why I'm good at it and why I enjoy it.

• English was my bread and butter.

• Hmm, I think I am good with math, but I am also good with grammar questions; be it in my language or English. For some reason, though, I had to study science. xD

• All along a grammar nazi. I suck at maths terribly but I'm okay with Chemistry out of the three science subjects I've studied lol.

• I was a mathematical genius in my freshman year, a rocket scientist in my sophomore year, and a grammar nazi in my junior year.
    In other words I did well in math, science and English. Not to forget to mention, I excelled the Arabic course in my sophomore and junior year. For senior year, I could say I did very well in health class that lasted for only one semester.

• I'm OK at math, not so much at Science. When I'm not feeling lazy, I have a pretty good grip on English literature, creative writing, and most business classes.

• Languages and science (biology). :3
    I understand math too, but I'm not that awesome at it. XD

• English lol

I always cried tears of relief if I managed to pass my math tests

• Science has always been my strong subject, followed by Math and then English. I am my own grammar Nazi :(

• I guess English and math.

• I'm a science person. It's just so fascinating to me