Have you ever been disappointed by a friend?

or vice versa? What happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• You cannot live as long as I have and not be disappointed by a friend.

One of my friends was killed in a fight in a bar. He was giving wedgies to people (and yes, he was in his thirties and still giving wedgies... and that is disappointing) and a guy pulled a knife on him. He didn't back down. It cost him his life. I'm disappointed that someone in his thirties was giving wedgies to people, and I'm disappointed he could have backed down and he didn't. Now he's dead.

A few friends of mine have disappointed me in other ways. They've flaked out when I needed a friend, but I try to take it in stride.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I was disappointed and felt hurt by a girl at university. I asked her out for coffee and she said "no not this week maybe next week" so I was like "ok". It was close to the end of semester so we were busy but then the end of the semester came and it had not happened. While it may have been just that she was busy, it actually kind of felt more like she was putting it off so she did not have to go out to coffee with me. If that is the case why did she leave me in hope and not tell me strait up but in a nice way. :(

• girls do that all the time buddy. Surely if she were interested she would have said a specific day not just "maybe next week".

• Its a flaw in all of us. Wed rather keep postponing than confronting something because its the easier thing to do.

• @Whoooooooooo girls are worse at having hidden meanings behind what they say though. Guys usually say what they mean.

• I am such a demanding person that friends disappoint me all the time but that said I place the same standards on myself and disappoint myself as well. Two examples come to mind, a friend was going through a bad patch for about a year and treated his girlfriend like crap (not physically abusive but mentally/emotionally) , it got to the stage where myself and other close friends would have to intervene on her behalf a couple of times. He eventually came out of it and has been trying to be a decent guy and make it up to her ever since for the last 20 years.
    The second was my ex ( in fairness I don't think she meant it ) , you know the back story but she wrecked my life for about two years of relationship and four years afterwards over money.

• Nothing really came to mind, which probably says something about my friends or my memory of them. As for the "vice versa" part, I was at Chile's recently (a restaurant) and noticed my scoutmaster at a table near me, who I knew for over 5 years. He was with his wife and some other people. I didn't go over to say hi and convinced myself that it's better to wait until they're done eating because of their company. He ended up coming over to me at the end, and we didn't even talk that long. I felt disappointed in myself for probably disappointing him because he made a big difference in my life and he knew it.
    He even stood up for me when I was almost denied my Eagle rank last minute because I mentioned I didn't attend church when asked about it. I even lied and said I believe in God but didn't believe the part where people can change God's will by praying and going to church. The part where I left the room for the board to decide, which usually takes a minute, ended up taking an hour. And I heard later that my scoutmaster was basically being my lawyer during that time.

• By a friend, not really. But by a girlfriend, oh yeah

• Ohh really? How sad :/

• Yeah, dumb. I'll find a better one though that hopefully won't hurt me quite so bad (:

• well, who hasn't?

• No I haven't.

• My bestfriend and I were planning a camping trip a few years ago.

A couple weeks into it, he asks me not to go 'cause there was a girl he wanted to impress and was worried I would embarass him.

That hurt me a bit.

• nope, all my friends have tails

• I've had one that one time framed me for something I didn't do and got 2 days out of school suspension and then the pricipal figured out that it was him who wrote bitch on my folder to the English teacher and not me but after I already served my punishment.

• yes, and i always think about it. i feel betrayed deep down. if he screws me over again ill fuck him up.

• no. I don't have any.

tada dossh!

• Yes , so many times.

• many times

• I sexted a girl my friend wanted to date and she ended up doing that daily with me for a month, when he found out he was pissed and I felt terrible

• yes. i have.

• yes. both. its a long story.

What Girls Said 7

• yes i have been disappointed by a friend in the past

• He disappoints me on a daily basis.

• Yep, I'm just going to think they can't relate to me and they are egostistical bitches, and I'll haveto see them tomorrow 😀

• So many times the story is too long. But life goes on

• Yes I have but I forgot what happened, I'm forgetful

• Yes, it happened twice.

Two of my friends moved to other countries without telling me. If they were real friends they would call me or text me saying they were leaving the country and saying goodbye.

• Numerous times. Especially my best friend. He's disappointed me more times than I can count. :/