Do you think you have great self esteem? Why or why not? And if you do have great self esteem, can you please give me some advice on building my?

My mom has always been really negative to me. I feel like I am no good, evil, ugly, stupid, hateful, terrible person, always wrong, hated by everyone, and no one loves me. I feel like no one wants to hang out with me, that everything I say is stupid, and I am unloved and bad. Do you? What can I do to not feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• No that's why I made myself always smiling SEE HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol no, but it's way better than when I was younger. I was bullied in school and felt really insecure because I had acne and didn't really know how to do hair and make-up well or what clothing suited me etc. Those things I sorted by graduating, experimenting with different things, and getting older. So helpful there :/

I'm still pretty shy and awkward. I'm really introverted too which embarrasses me sometimes because I feel like I should have a lot of friends but I only really like having a few best friends anyway. If I had just a few really close friends I think I'd be way happier than I am now but I just have one best friend at present who lives ages away from me, and some not-so-close friends. My skin still bothers me but I have a pretty good skincare regime now and fewer breakouts, plus I'm pretty good at using make-up to cover it. I feel bad about myself because I'm lazy and I wish I didn't feel like just spending several days doing nothing after even a little while of being even vaguely busy :/ . But I'm working on it. University is a pretty good environment for that.

Is cutting your Mom out of your life an option, for a start? That sounds like a pretty toxic relationship. You need people around you who are rooting for you. Who I'm sure are there.. If not; you need to get out of your comfort zone and meet some new people. Take up a new hobby maybe.

Try and identify the actual things you don't like about yourself. And work on them if you can change them. If it's something you can't change, it's probably not that bad for one thing, but more importantly, it's not your fault. So it's impossible for it to be morally wrong, because it's not your choice

What Guys Said 1

• My self esteem is at the level of narcissism. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any advice. You are not perfect enough.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know what my level is but I think there is room for improvement. I get myself esteem by worshipping God.