Why can't I love myself?

I've always had just a horrible level of self confidence and self acceptance. Ask the little things that people say really affect me and kind of warp my image of myself. I look at pictures of myself and don't like the way I look, almost like I don't look the way I feel. I often feel too fat, too tall, too masculine, not pretty enough, not smart enough, and uninteresting. Most days I don't feel like I'm worthy of love. Why? What can I do to gain back some self confidence?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, gain back that self esteem and confidence is a life long process. The best way is to make yourself busy with work, studies, hobbies and everyday task where you give 10minutes to yourself and write down the good things about yourself. Preferably at night when you go to bed right down how constructive and positive your day was. Doing what you like is likely to generate positive vibes in you unless you like killing people that'll just scare me off anyway:p but yeah get busy if you don't like you body start working out, do it slow like 5 push ups a day or 2 sets of pull ups. But the most important thing is to practise self praising each day. Give your mind some positive thoughts everyday and don't forget that somehow we've similar problems like we all have our lonely days where we feel like shit. So you're not alone. Apart from that I'd suggest you try doing yoga every day:)

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same way... It used to be way worse... I was so depressed and beat myself up over everything... Try every morning when you look in the mirror, smile, and say "I'm beautiful how I am, I am loved, I'm beautiful and wonderfully made, I am perfect." Write something encouraging about yourself about your personality, looks, something about you... Start small, and your confidence will grow! It's about teaching yourself to be comfortable with who you are!

What Guys Said 5

• Girl let me love you!
    And I will love you,
    Until you learn,
    To love yourself.

But really though, god made you perfect just the way you are (: don't let anybody tell you otherwise

• Don't let others decide things for you. Would you let a person decide what you eat, or when you use the restroom, or sleep and wake up, or any other body function? If not, then stop caring about how others view you.

• I don't try to let it affect me, but when a bunch of people tell me all the negative things about me and the only people telling me I'm pretty and worthy are my parents, I have a hard time believing them.

• BC you don't wanna love you...
    😶?

• I do though! I wish that when I looked in the mirror I could accept the person I am and have confidence, but I just don't and I don't know how.

• Ok tbh for some girls I'm average guy for some I'm ugly for I'm good so it just depends on the person ... love yourself cutie 😊 💐
      Your awesome...

• diamond are a girls best friend...

• I don't know, but I'd probably fuck you anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• There's always a silver lining :p