Why does coke taste better out of a can compared to a bottle?

I had a can and a bottle of coke and I noticed the can tasted wayyyy better. Anyone know why this is? I checked the ingredients, they were the exact same. Weird.. 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• lol.. i love the can too.. xD maybe cuz it is stronger in the can.. I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I disagree. To me it tastes fresher and colder from a bottle. But its been years since I've had pop so things might've changed?

• I don't know. Maybe it's like with beer where the taste can change depending on what/how it's pored?

• i have never noticed that though :)

What Guys Said 4

• From what I understand stuff can come out of the plastic of the bottle into your drink, the same can happen to your coke can. Because they are made of different products it makes the drink taste different.

• I honestly don't know, I havn't had bottled coke in years so I can't remember if it taste better or not.

That being said most soda I drink I prefer drinking in a glass bottle I love the old fashioned feel of it.

• in fact its the bottle that tastes better because it gets oxidized in the can and is contaminated by it. i know that because i used to eat junk like that a few years ago

• oh i see i was referring to glass bottle not plastic. in the glass its the freshest of all. if you can call fresh that acidic poison.

• I notice this too.