Why do so many teenage girls still get pregnant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do so many teenage girls still get pregnant?
    -Sex still feels good and people are still lazy and/or uneducated. "Oh you forgot a condom; it'll be ok this ONE time". In the heat of the moment people still have a hard time saying no. Fortunately I had an iron clad will; no glove no love. No pill no thrill. Did have a broken condom scare at like 16 though, some scary stuff man. Did it slow my roll for future sexual endeavors, nope, but I did have more of an instance on her being on birth control too.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Not enough awareness of how costly that bit of harmless fun can be - If you are going to do it, use protection and ask how to use it properly from someone older you trust.

• Its usually from lower income backgrounds and more socially deprived areas, lack of education and daddy probably left and no one loves her so to give her purpose in this world and to love something she has a baby.

Thats the politically incorrect version of saying it, excuse me im tired

• If they don't want a baby it's because they're careless. Today there's too much information and a careful person won't get pregnant. Oh, the girls aren't the only ones to blame, the guys who put babies in their bellies are careless too.

• Carelessness and too much curiosity. "couriosity killed the cat" type of thing. Also the whole raging girl hormones of going through the end step of physical developement.

• The kids are having too much raw sex.

• Get on the pill at least it doesn't cost a deal and compared to the damage a pregnancy does your life the cost is minimal.

• Carelessness in hawaii its normal.

• Because they get caught up "in the moment" and have no condom.

• because there is nothing actually wrong with it.

• Lack of parental guidance at home ,

• Actually, teen pregnancy rates have been steadily declining over time.

www.hhs.gov/.../trends.html

• Sex ed sucks in some places

• You are so right. They should show more pictures of cute babies and describe how great sex feels.

• No watch a doctor view of a baby being born at 18 puts it in perspective though

What Girls Said 7

• Because they don't feel they can talk openly with their parents about contraception "just in case". I'm lucky. My parents gave me a free choice of when to start. I chose to have an implant just after I was 16. I'm now on my second. I've never taken advantage of my protection, but if I had, I would not have had to worry about morning after pills, telling parents I was pregnant etc.

If only all parents were open about this. They would be doing themselves a huge favour!

• Honestly, I believe it stems from ignorance and misinformation mostly. Schools in the US (especially ones down South), don't properly teach young girls and boys the importance of contraception and the reproductive system and instead focus on abstinence, which not only is not helpful in preventing teen pregnancies but it also holds back students from learning the important facts.

I highly doubt teenagers are having sex for the sole purpose of having a baby. Neither are they intent on getting a sexually transmitted disease or infection. They are just jumping into sex and relationships without being properly prepared.

• Because sometimes protection fails

• Because people are too busy worrying about defunding Planned Parenthood, stupid parents that don't know how to parent, no education, and again stupid parents

• peer pressure, rebellion, infatuation, independence...
    then sometimes sex=pregnancy

• Probably because sex is always glorified in media and teens are desperately trying to rush getting older. So they have sex and BAM pregnant

• It's been declining lately, luckily. But some people are still uneducated on proper safe sex.