Gagers!! Texting or calling- which do you prefer?

Do you prefer talking on the phone call.. Or texting? I'm kind of curious ;o

I prefer talking on the phone. Simply because I love hearing their voice. It helps me understand wh they're feeling, it makes the conversation more lively, and interesting. Besides, some of my friends are really nood good at texting, lol. Some of my friends don't write "LOL" or add emoji. Which sometimes makes it difficult to tell if they're joking or they're reallu serious o. O

I'm more fun in person and talking on the phone. BUT, I'm not really good at texting because I get distracted easily. Sometimes, when I'm chatting with someone and then I get a phone call. (Or say I'm playing a videogame and I enter the new level) I completely forget about the person I was chatting with. After few hours- a day, that person is like "Are you okay?" Or "Are you mad at me?"
It creates misunderstanding.

So, yes, I prefer calling over phone call. It saves lot of time, lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't like either. Because of a bad experience with my first girlfriend (we texted constantly) i get really bad anxiety when i text people. Like if they don't respond immediately i worry that i said something wrong. I have had full fledged anxiety attacks over text messages before. I'm fine just sending a message or two, but i refuse to have actual text conversations with people (especially GFs).

Calling isn't much better, but not because it gives me anxiety, because i just get bored easily while talking on the phone. There isn't much you can do when you aren't actually with the person, and If you try actual long conversations over the phone, there is a lot of awkward silence.

But i guess quick calls or texts don't bother me much.

• Anxiety attacks.. That sucks :(
      Well, thank you for answering!

Most Helpful Girl

• Talking on the phone > texting. I do like texting, but I'd rather talk to the person on the phone if they are people I know well enough or am very close to. When I type things too fast there will be too many typos and being a perfectionist myself, I cannot tolerate myself making mistakes.

Also, it's because some of my friends don't really use emojis except for some rare occasions. I find it hard to notice if the person's tone of speaking is happy/sad/stressed/angry or whatever. By talking on the phone, even if they lie and say they're fine I could guess it immediately if they really are.

So yeah, all in all I'd rather talk on the phone. Unless the person is not close with me then I'd just rather text them.

• Lol, now I'm sure you really are my long lost sister 😂😂

• Ahahah 😂😂 maybe I should really go to Mumbai someday xD

Also I suck at replying texts sometimes because when it comes in I just shove it into the inbox instead of replying unless its urgent 🙈🙉🙊 then people would be like are you mad at me lol ><

What Guys Said 27

• I don't view one as more preferential over the other, it depends on the purpose. If I wanna get something done quickly or coordinate on something , texting is the best, I will use it if I just can't talk.

if I wanna have a conversation then a call is the way to go. I tend to prioritize calls over texts so I just view texting as stuff that can wait or be queued for later which means I often don't respond or even look at texts for several hours.

• Like you, I too prefer calling over the phone. Texting takes way too too much time to convey the matter. I might as well call the person, say what I want, and end the call.

P. S. I usually talk on the phone for hours, but whatever! :P

• Exactly!! Me too, especially at night. I talk on the phone for 2-4 hours sometimes 😳🙊

• Wow.. that's really great. Your words inspired me. Yes, one day I will achieve my dreams! Cheers and thanks <3

• You're most welcome! And you can get back to me whenever you need inspiration, because I have this uncanny knack of pushing people to their limits so that they their goals become a priority and not an option! :)

• I think texting is overrated to be honest i much rather call someone on the phone and i once ask a question whether people thought that someone who can only text do they suffer from some type communication disorder or could it lead to them developing a social disorder cause it's shame no one wants to talk on the phone.

• When you're on the phone with someone and you and the other person say something at the same time, so you're both get quiet before one of y'all breaks the awkward silence with: ".. nah you go" or "no what were you saying" <- Even more awkward is when you both say it at the same time.
    Texting slightly gets the win even though I can't translate my sarcasm well cause they can't hear my tone.

• LOL!!! Yes, I know what you mean, haha. It does get really awkward sometimes, haha 😂

• Texting. I get way too anxious on the phone because sometimes I'll forget what I was going to say (I have serious ADD) and it'll get all awkward, plus I have a very monotonous voice. :/

The only people I can talk to on the phone just fine is my mother and brother. :P

• Texting's better like 90% of the time.

If it's an intimate conversation though, then phone calls are preferred.

• Seems like most people prefer texting over phone calls! Well, thank you for answering :)

• Exactly! I agree

• So you text 90% of the time. And using voice is so much better for serious conversations. That must mean 90% of your conversations are not serious. That strikes me as a problem. :-)

• I prefer calling or video calls.
    It just feels more real and you can tell if they're being real or not a lot easier cause it's live.

• I be like on tha fone wit all dem gurls, holla at me boi...
    (not even sure if that was of the English persuasion)

• i prefer to text. mainly because you can be texting someone and be doing multiple other tasks. whether it be between texts or while you text. if you call them, you are mostly focused on them and don't do other tasks as efficiently. plus i am a lot more truthful and i have more courage when it comes to texting. i think because if i don't hear what they actually say, i can take certain things better. but that is just me

• I really hate online person-to-person communication (gives me a bit of anxiety). I would call my friends, partners, and relatives.

In an age where texting and emotionless forms of communication is the mainstream form of interacting with other people casually, you also make yourself stand out if you call your crush or your friends.

• I like calls too!
    But they can be intrusive and I like to talk a lot 😄
    So I like both!
    I love late night phone calls! I can talk for hours and hours!

• Late night phone calls are awesome! It's so sweet and romantic if you're speaking to that someone special! Haha :)

• I know 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Calling, it's more personal in my opinion plus you don't haft to worry about auto correct or your thumbs falling off.

• Exactly!! Typos gets on my nerves -__- and I'm talkative, so my thumbs really hurt when I text more than one people at the same time 🙊

• For important things/emergencies always calling. For chit chat texting. So 95% of times I prefer either texting or face to face talks. No calls allowed.

• Call, texts and be determined differently to what it's spoken, always a call, way more personal, calls can't be shown or shared with people

• I prefer calling since it is more personal.
    You can tell a lot from the tone of voice.
    It also makes replies so much quicker. I hate waiting 2 hours just to get a text back.

• Same here! It annoys me too when someone takes more than an hour to reply -_-

• I like texting better, I used to work in a call center and my ears and mouth would get so tired from talking and listening all the time

• My sister used to work in call centre too. It was her first job. She left it because of the same reason as yours... She used to get headaches.:/

• Unemployed for now, actively searching

• Ah! I hope you find a really great job soon :)

• if it's short I don't really mind either, but I can't do the constant texting thing. That just bothers me a lot and I'd rather actually talk in that case.

It's way more fun to actually talk to someone rather then text.

• Most of the times texting. I'm not always in environments that are call friendly, IE can't hear you.

• It's all about the purpose. If it is an emergency, call! If doesn't need immediate reply, then obviously, text. But overall, I prefer texting because I find it thrilling to be honest.

• Neither I wanna meet in real life

• i cannot stand either, if I want to contact someone, i arrange to see them face to face

• Depending who it if I want to talk to them or not.

• WHATEVER MY BABY PREFERS I AM ALL FOR

• I like talking on the phone better.

• texting. I hate talking on the phone. Video chat is best.

• Depends on who it is. Even when I'm with people, I find it annoying when they talk too much.

• Neither of them.

What Girls Said 23

• It really depends on who the person is and what the topic is about.

If it's a really food friend of mine, I will want to talk to them on the phone because texting will take too long. Especially if I'm catching up with someone after a long time, talking is the way to go.

I will text someone if I'm busy or out somewhere, it is a casual conversation, or I do not know them that well. It just depends on the circumstances really. A serious topic shouldn't be discussed via messages unless you really know you cannot tell them in person. I say face to face is best for those conversations, but it really matters on the person too.

• On a daily basis, I prefer texting with most people. It's just quick and simple, and I can think about what I want to say, depending on the conversation. I can edit my grammar if need be, too, haha. I can't do that with calling.

However, I like phone calls or Skype video calls because you can see the person's facial expressions or reactions. It's more like they're right there with you. That depends on the person or the conversation we're having, though. Sometimes, it's just too time-consuming when a simple string of texts could've covered everything we need to discuss.

Both have their pros and cons, of course. Overall, though, I prefer texting most people.

• Calling. I'm too lazy to type all the time lol

• LOL! Same here, I'm not really fast at typing and my fingers hurt if I try to type fast, haha. It's embarrassing when it takes me 15 seconds to send a message, and they my friends send 3/4 messages in just 15 seconds. Three BIG sentences D: 😳

• Thank you for answering :)

• No prob! I'm the same way lmao. Plus, if I'm laying down i dont have to hold my phone up 😂

• most of my friend prefer texting, which annoys me
    because they'll start texting a convesation, then i'll text "why don't you just call me?"
    then they'll call, lol

most people i see prefer text to phone
    i understand it's good for logistics or short blips
    but i prefer phone
    i feel the same way as you

• I do not like texting at all.
    I call people when I need. It is easier. If they are busy or not available then I call.

• Texting. Even tho I'm more audio stimulated, I don't really like talking on the phone. Only with certain people.

• hahaha that sounds so you xD

I do prefer texting, cause somehow I feel embarrassed talking in the phone. Dk why

But for boyfriend I have to say I prefer phone call 1 million times over text. That way I can hear his sexy voice ;)

• Haha.. really? LOL! You know me too well O__O

Oooh, sexy voice ;) Seems like his voice takes your breath away, lol ;P

• lol lol lol hahaha

• I like both.. calling someone can be a bit nerve-wrecking tho.. 😜

• I prefer calling. Especially if you're in a relationship. I text when I can't reach the person on the phone or I know they're at work.

• Text for nothing serious. Call for something that is.

• I prefer phone conversations. There's less confusion when i try to get a point across. I text a lot more though.

• I like calling my boyfriend because I love his voice.
    I like texting everyone else because I'm really awkward on the phone with my friends. 😜

• I think it depends on the convo. Something's can't be explained well via text. If it's a short convo then mostly text but a long convo would be a phone call

• I like texting because I'm sooo bad at talking in general. Also like how with texting they can reply back in their own time, if they're busy.

Plus I don't like my voice lmao. People always tell me I talk too quietly. ;-;

• Lol! But speaking softly is beautiful :) Does it frustrate you when people take more than an hour to reply?
      It annoys me, lol

• Is it? I just get tired of being told "i can't hear you, speak up" or when I tell a joke, and they can't hear it. I have to repeat it several times and it just loses its value to me. xD

Lol yeah, it does.. But I can understand if they're busy. :p

• It is! Many like people who are soft spoken over loud ones. (I'm not soft spoken though 😳🙊)
      It is easy on ears and it is so adorable! But yes, I understand it must get annoying at times when people tells you to speak up over and over again :/

Ahaha, nice. It shows you're patient :)

• I prefer texting because if I can't see the person i'm speaking to on the phone i get anxiety. Texting sorta sucks too but I just hate talking on the phone. I prefer speaking face to face.

• I think if it's a quick check-in or chat I like texting just for the sake of time, but if it's anything more serious or elongated, I prefer phone calls 100%.

• I prefer to phone call rather than texting. I'm distracted too easily hence texting can be a problem sometimes

• Texting. Calling takes too much time. I also like snapchat.

• I installed snapchat couple of months ago, but damn I uninstalled it after few days. Because I had no idea how to use it...😳 I felt like a stupid person, lol.

• Well, thank you for answering :)

• calling, just call me ;) <3 :*

• I love texting the most. Like that one guy said on here when its an intimate conversation then phone calls are preferred.

• It depends, if I don't feel like talking then texting is best. But there is rarely an occasion were I don't want to talk. I prefer calling, I can get my point across and make sure it is understood via a phone call. I guess I am old fashion that way.

• Texting all the way. I fucking hate talking on the phone.

• Calling is more personal, easier to get clear communication across and saves a ton of time. Lol. I like texting when I have a few mins to spare, I'm waiting for something, or on my break at work.