Does hypnotherapy works?

not to solve problems. For reprogramming your subconscious on a way of thinking, like get rid of fears of panic attacks, public speaking. That was my question about.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be useful in some areas, for instance, it can tap into the unconscious part of the mind into repressed memories that you would not be able to think of until that moment to try to cope with present issues going on in your life.

• That's exactly where it doesn't work and why it is controversial. An improperly trained practioner can accidentally implant memories and there are several documented cases of this from the 70's and 80's of his happening in child abuse cases. Even well trained psychologist were found to unknowingly be guilty of leading the patient into the answers they were wanting. It is called confirmation biased and why double blind studies are necessary.

• so what u say that It will make my OCD worse or I would get rape or what. May be u don't want someone to enter in your mind. but if there is a chance I could get better at least I would take the chance on seeing someone professional and certified.

• @sjoes006 what u are saying is that it's not safe. and because u are so against it u are saying it can't work, but it does work just it can complications if it's not with a trained person. isn't it? www.brooksidecenter.com/...ers_and_complicatio.htm

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You can be hypnotized but does it work to solve problems? No.

• not to solve problems. For reprogramming your subconscious on a way of thinking, like get rid of fears of panic attacks, public speaking. That was my question about.

• The answer is still no.