Has anyone ever tried fencing?

It looks like something that would be interesting to try in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! Its amazing and its a great work out. I was in the best shape of my life when I was fencing.

You can find a club in most big cities in the US, but it can get pretty expensive. When I did it, I was paying about $100 a month just to be in a club. Adding in equipment and the occasional competition can really add up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did it in high school. Whenever the track team was too lazy to run, we'd sneak into the cafeteria where the fencing team practiced. We'd go there twice a week, and the coaches didn't mind if we were not on the team and skipping our practice.

Its really dynamic and intense - really sharpens your senses and improves reaction times and how well you can perform on your feet.

What Girls Said 3

• One of my best guy friends in college was on our college fencing team. I never tried it but sometimes I would go to his meets to watch him and cheer him on. it was kinda cool to watch, but only for a short period of time haha it's not something I find myself wanting to try but I also just don't like doing most sports. :p

• i'd love to try it
    it looks like a lot of fun and a great leg/butt workout!
    there's not that many fencing clubs where i live though
    and the few that are available are quite expensive

• i only did once but it was fun!

What Guys Said 3

• I would love to try. It's foreign in US tho, I don't know anyone that does it.

• no, but I really want to

• Yes, I've been fencing for a little over five years.