Do you know your ancestry?

How well do you know it? Could you trace back to your ancestors? If yes, how many generations?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can trace is back with actual evidence, pictures and documentation as far back as pre-WWII my fathers side of the family comes from a small village in the Carpathian mountains in Czechoslovakia before they decreed themselves their own nation.

Going by history and my parents word and information I can trace my actual family name back all the way to medieval times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do, but I'm always confused on who's what. I think they could trace it back till my great great grandparents, which is 5 generations..

What Guys Said 10

• Genetics testing tells me that I , someone who's born in Hong Kong have my origins somewhere close to today's Korea/Japan/Eastern Russia with a relatively short heritage in southeast Asia.
    http://i.imgur.com/bDnzJef.jpg

• My parents happen to know their ancestry.
    My mother side is American and like most Americans know which country their ancestors came from. One was a small town outside Dublin, so that side is Old English mixed with Irish and the other is Bavarian German.

On my Cypriot side, both my grandmother and my grandfather sent samples of DNA to the genographic project.
    My grandmother resulting in a Scandinavian lineage, probably a result of the Varangian vikings and my grandfather appeared to be Greek.

• I don't know them, I just know that they came from Iberia and Italy. My surname is Portuguese.

• My father is Scots Irish, mother Welsh and British. We can trace back on my mother's side for many, many generations (we come from nobility so it's pretty easy) fathers, about 4 maybe 5 generations back above me.

• Yeah I'm mostly human. I have other things that I'm not at liberty to discuss.

• My mum is really into ancestry. I am not sure how far back she knows but I know more than 100 years back before my family moved to New Zealand.

• we tasked a relative to follow up on our ancestry. they have traced all the way back to the 1500's so far

• Yes I know my grandfathers till the french revolution and when France invaded Egypt

• Not in the slightest, but I hardly care either.
    I think it is the parents job to tell their children, when they're old enough to remember this sort of thing, everything they know about their parents parents and on up.
    But I'm not gonna go digging.

• I have a family tree which has been kept by previous generationas and gors back to the 900's AD in England.

What Girls Said 4

• Kind of. It's hard to keep track of my roots because both sides have been subject to several genocides, slavery, and imperialism.

Some parts of my ancestry will forever be lost it seems :(

• not much unfortunately. i know only like 4-5 generations ago =/

• Yep... back to the 1640's. I love family history, and finding out stories connected to my ancestors. It's my heritage, and it's part of who I am.

• Italian ancestry