What would you do if you were invited to eat at someones house but the food they made was disgusting?

You go to someones house to eat and the food they made tastes terrible.

What would you do in this situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Happened to me many times. I actually eat it, finish everything in the plate, even though it tasted terrible and I wanted to go in the bathroom and throw up..😳🙊
    Because, I think it's really rude and disrespectful to not eat the food and get up from the chair. I value the effort someone put into making the dinner and invited me. I think it's a sweet gesture, and I appreciate it. So, I just eat slowly.. eat everything on the plate and thank them, lie to them, that I really love it.

• By the way, I'm living with a friend. She's not really a good cook. She get this "Todayyy, I'm in the mood to cook something awesome... like every week. I try to help her cook, but sometimes she just want me to sit and let her do all the cooking, lol. So, when she finally cooks and say breakfast/lunch/dinner is ready. I see her face lit up n happiness.. And joy. I just smile and eat the food. Say white lies. Cause I don't want to hurt her feelings. I appreciate the effort she put and time she spent in kitchen.

• Eat slow is certainly good advice

• Thank you, Toad!

@Fortes lol, thanks :-') it works for me. If I try to hurry up, eat quickly, it makes me want to throw up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be respectful, eat very little, offer to help clean up, and say thank you when I leave.

I would refrain from lying about the food, and if they have the poor taste to question my appetite, say my eyes were biggest as my stomach, or I just can't eat as much as I thought, but you guys are so sweet and such gracious hosts.

Then, next time you're invited, or even before then if you're so inclined, you insist on returning the favor, and you cook the damn food

What Girls Said 17

• Lmao this has happened to me. I eat as much as I can and in the middle of the meal I ask for pain killers. Then I blame my lack of appetite on my period 😀 works like a charm

• Unless it is some kind of insects, weird animals, raw, expired or unclean food, I would force myself to eat it and drink lots of water or juice after that maybe even eat some minties. Because you know what? Some people consider it rude if they invite you, and you don't finish you plate. If you have the choice, just take a little in your plate so you finish it all.

• I would do my best impersonation of Fred Sanford.
    http://i.qkme.me/3spm51.jpg

• Whoever that has the guts to ask me over to eat must have known that I'm really a picky eater, so they'd definitely know.

• Hot sauce. Smother that shit in hot sauce and power through it. I'd tell them it's horrible though, so they know to fix it.

• Eat it and drink a sip of water afterwards to help it go down. Let's hope the water does not taste like gasoline

• If I could bear it, I would eat it anyway and pretend to enjoy it.

• i would act like i am eating.. and then put the food in my purse or something when they look away.

• Oh my... that's quite a tough situation to be in.

I'd probably fake sickness or pretend like I have a emergency to get to.

• i'd eat some of it anyway, say I'm not really hungry to finish it all, thank them for their hospitality and just sit around and chat while i have a few drinks while conversing with them.

• Keep eating it

• Everyone knows I'm a picky eater so yeah It would be obvious that i wouldn't like it.

• Pick at it and spread it or so it looks like I ate more than I did.

• Me, going to your house :P

• Smile and eat it anyways.

• I'd keep eating it anyway...

• Try to say it in the most polite way possible that their food tastes horrible.

What Guys Said 14

• Depends on how good of a friend.

Just met - pretend it's not horrible

Friends - check and see if they make a weird face while eating, bring it up if they do.

Best friend - "Dude, how the hell do you dick up pizza? This is worse than you hitting on women"

• I'll actually eat it anyway because I feel it is respectful to do so. I feel bad asking for things when I'm eating at someone's house so rejecting things is just unthinkable to me lol

• Attempt to eat, little by little and very slowly. No need to be blatantly disrespectful even though it's not the greatest tasting.

• Start faking a heart attack and ask to be excused ASAP.
    blogoftheboss.com/.../wpid-tom-collared1.jpg

• I'd probably take a very small portion and just power through it. I'd never want to be disrespectful when offered food by someone.

• I'd invent me an allergy at once.

• I'd go to the bathroom, wait for a little while, and then make myself puke. I'd then tell them that I wasn't feeling well, and I'd leave.

• I would enjoy the company, force myself to eat and not have seconds. Recommend going out for drinks or dessert later.

• I would just keep the honest judgement about their food to myself. I'd appreciate their effort and thank them for inviting me. Would just nod if they ask me how the food was.

• Eat it anyway and leave hastily, don't go back

• I'm lactose intolerant/allergic/coeliac.

• So what would you do? just tell them that?

• Or make up another medical reason so that I can't eat it. Or I'm a vegetarian. Or a jew. I know enough hebrew how to pass as one.

• I would pretend it wasn't.

• I'd wonder if they actually wanted me in their house...

• I'd have a little bit to not be rude but then I'd be like oh I'm done thanks.