If you could turn back time and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?

you can list multiple things, but choose 1 you would tell your younger self

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't date that girl!!! She's just gonna break your heart!!!

• Amen to that. i wish i knew then what i know now. i could have avoided so many bad situations

• Exactly. Dumb how that works

• well, i guess we are meant to learn from our mistakes. pass information onto someone who needs it

What Girls Said 12

• Be more careful with the guys you trust... some aren't the "nice guys" you think they are. Look for those hidden signs.

• i can agree with that. not all guys are as good as they make themselves out to be. i have seen too many friends get hurt because of this

• @Asker

Yeah it counts for both genders too. Sometimes the "nice" guy or girl is actually the biggest closet player.

• yeah, get to know them properly before dating is a good thing to do

• Stay in school.

Seriously, skipping school so much has caused me so many problems, it has really fucked up my life.

• i have a friend who dropped out in grade 10, his life is gonna be so hard from here on out

• Quit hating on your self so much. You're not THAT ugly. Your lips are OK, your eyes are OK, and the little imperfections are OK as well

• nice choice. all the little imperfections make you perfect. remember that

• i would tell myself
    "don't be too naive"

• I would tell myself everything is going to be ok. I've had some pretty low points in my teenage years but at this point in time I've never been happier. I would tell myself to just stick out the hard times because eventually everything works out for the best. even when at the time it doesn't seem that way

• agreed. i have had a similar life. but i would probably try to avoid some of my downs and push towards the ups

• i would not avoid any downs because it has made me the person i am today. it's made me stronger, improved my ability to get along with people and made me wiser because I have learned from my mistakes :)

• good point. i guess i would be the same. i read a thing that said "the most damaged people are the wisest" so it makes sense

• Mooky06, trust your gut feeling girlie.

• good choice, always trust your gut. except when you are hungry. don't trust it then

• yeah. i have been curious about that myself. i guess that is a downfall of being shy around her

• she does know i like her. she asked me if i did and i said yes, so i guess she isn't weirded out by this because she talks to me as much as she did before she knew

• Wait a full year before u get engaged

• i always thought 6 months was a good time. but a year would probably be a good time to wait

• definitely advised and if she is the one she will wait

• yeah. love is patient as they always say

• My future obviously, so I can be prepared for what shit goes down.

• anything important you wish you could tell them

• A few things, but first I'll turn the clock forward to see what's it like then go back to my past self then I assume that will be changed, I wouldn't give myself a pep-talk!.

• 2 day conversation

and that is all you need to know, any questions?

lol

• It does get better, so tell the police now, don't wait.

• why would you say that?

• Not exactly but its cool

• okay. i'm not going to impose on it. but good luck with getting better

• Don't have sex with men

• that is new one. but i guess you have your reasons. i'll leave it at that

• I'd hug my younger self and say, ..."Don't be so forgiving. It's ok to forgive people, but not for the same mistake twice"

• that is my problem, i am way too forgiving. even my parents have told me to be a bit less forgiving

• I am exactly the same. I have a huge heart and i'm very compassionate. It's my weakenes, in the sense that a lot of people try to take advantage.

• a lot of people have taken advantage of me for it

• Um, it'd most likely go something like this~don't marry that guy, because after you pop out a couple of kids for him and he sleeps with your two best friends and your kids babysitter, he's gonna turn 35 and then tell you that he's decided he's actually gay and wants to be with his friend Jay instead of you. Apparently Jay has decided he's gay too. And you aren't what he wants anymore. Ouch. All those weekend golf trips? Yeah, they weren't really playing golf. That's probably what I'd say to my 21 year old self.

• well shit, that is a lot to take in at once for a person who is in love

• Thank you. Yep, better than ever. Had a tough time for about a year and then put it all behind me. Just had to learn that his choices were a reflection of who he was, and not who I am. We're good friends now.

• yeah, i am good friends with my ex still. she is a great person to talk to

What Guys Said 8

• Go to artschool immediatly and dont waste 4 years by going to crafts-school or business-school..

• i'd tell myself I'd have chiseled good looks one day cus when i was in HS and in younger years i felt horrible bout the way i looked ;/

now i dont

• i've had a similar life. i don't look the best, but i do look better now rather than back then

• I would go back to when I was 12 and tell myself to remain in contact with all of my friends who moved out of town.

• i wish i did, i think i only got 1 or 2 friends phone numbers before they left

• Tell my mother, Do not born me, Don't make me so beautiful

• oh boy, you are a strange person. hmm, wanna be friends. lol

• Sure no problem I already follwing you, So since now we are friends, You shuold on my favorite list !

• You're right, and they are wrong.
    (I would know what I am talking about)

• hmm, a lot of people would probably understand if their future self told them that

• I would have told myself to find a girlfriend.

• I would tell myself something that would help me in the plan for perfection. Either that or tell my younger Christian self about how I became an Atheist in the future and try to convert myself earlier.

• Put down that damn junk food and pick up some weights 😂

• i can agree with you on that. man i wish i knew that i should have exercised and stayed fit back then