Stupid question, can you get high if?

I went to an event yesterday and I was surronded by people who were someking weed in the streets, and many times the smoke from their joints would come to me (it was windy). It gave me headeaches and nausea, I don't know if it's just psychological...

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember researching this after I went to a concert and there was tons of weed smoke going around.

The conclusion I came up with was that you won't get high unless you are breathing in A LOT of smoke. Like you are sitting in car with windows up and people are smoking weed in the car and you are breathing in the fumes kind of deal.

It is psychological in this instance. If you are imagining to yourself, "Oh my gosh, can I get high from this? I could be getting high D:" then your body will start to display psychological symptoms that make you think you are high. Aka headaches and nausea. (Either that or the actual smell of it and stuff bothers you)
    It is similar to how giving a non alcoholic drink to a kid, and then telling them it is alcohol will make them feel drunk. They'll start acting how they think drunk people act and what not because their brain tricks them.

The brain is pretty amazing and can create situations for you. I'm 99% sure you were not high or getting high even.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can. It's called a contact high.

What Guys Said 8

• Theoretically you could but you would have to be a very tight enclosed area with constant heavy smoke in the air so at an outdoor chances are extremely low.

• very little THC is exhaled back into the air when a smoker exhales, You would have to be trapped in a room breathing the smoke of 16 burning joints before it you started to show signs of being high

• Nah definitely not!
    although the smoke itself can be irritating!

• I was in Amsterdam last month, and you can imagine everyone was smoking weed. Of course you can get some minor effects, but I don't think you can get properly high.

• You could but you could have to get pretty close to them and inhale a lot.

• No really. It'll get into your blood stream at most but thats it cause you were in an open area.

• Ppy say you can become positive by passively smoking other peoples stuff. I didn't feel any of it but might be true

• It's a contact high

What Girls Said 0