Would you kill yourself if there was nothing to live for?

This isn't a suicidal question, by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm the only way I'd do that (suicide) is if I became #homeless (I'd rather be dead than to be another hobo begging for change on the corner), got 25+ or more mandatory years in prison (what would be the point of living if I'd get out when I was 48+ years old? Since all the fun years in life would have already been gone ) or I caught some terminal-debilitating disease that would kill me anyway since I'd rather take my own life than to lose it to cancer or some shit.

But other than that I'd cling to dear life until he last breath of me LOL.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• No, never! It's my birthday.. so I don't want to even talk about k... myself 😳 🙊

• @Asker you mean how do I feel like getting one step closer to death? ;p jk
      II'm feeling quite happy, can't wait to go out and celebrate!!
      Even though I'm 24, I still feel like my life has just started, I've learned some things, but I hsve lot more to learn. I'm happy that I have such amazing family and friends.. loved ones who truly care about me, so I feel blessed :)
      I want to have successful career and travel the world! Or at least 10 countries! Can't wait to achieve all those goals ;) haha :)

• @Aizou Thank you so much, Aizou!! You're really sweet <3 :) :)

What Guys Said 33

• Well.. if there really were nothing to live for.. there were nothing to live for.. yeah? ^.~

But I personally can't find a single way, for a life to be pointless.. not one
    there's "always" a reason to live, no matter how difficult it is to find/see it.

• No because there's always something to live for hence why we are given such great minds to over come what we fail to get from a physical world, x

• No, but I'd kill myself to avoid loneliness; that is a special kind of hell. Some fuck'n 9th circle shit right there.

• Suicide means killing yourself. So this is a question about suicide. But questions don't kill themselves, so no question is a suicidal question.

• The best reason to live is to survive, which is synonymous with not dying.

There is no such thing as there being nothing to live for.

But if I were blind, I would probably not cope with that, as I need my eyesight to read through the lines of code.

• I would live untill i find something to die for... everybody is going to die, those who died they gave birth to the living to die to remind them about the reason why they are alive and then to let them know that life isn't a prize, it's the only thing that we know, for that reason we think it's the best thing, for that reason we're afraid to die, like the baby had a toy lost the toy then cried, like the 90 years old looking away asking where am i, like the mother lost her baby, like the baby lost his mother, these are examples, these are fates, these are meant to be exams...

• No.. I could always find something to live for. Even the most minuscule blossom of hope can bloom into something truly beautiful. I'll cling to life to my dying breath.

• I currently don't have anything to live for. I'm still alive because i hope that one day I'll find something to live for. But since I'm not dead, my answer is no.

• Certainly not. I'd continue to enjoy life.

• I'd try, but the thing that makes my life worth while are people, people having fun, and enjoying their lives, thats what's worth while living for me

• no, i would just find a reason...
    or create one

• If there is pizza, there is something to live for.

• Inhalation of carbon dioxide, efficient and painless or I could get an injection and inject myself with just air to induce heart attack..

• I would have killed myself long ago but the fear of god, religion, and not being able to go to heaven because of that prevented me. And because of this fear, I don't wanna die anytime soon and live as long as I can hopefully.

• But there's always something to live for, that's the beauty about the human body

Even if it's just enjoying that delicious burger

• No cause i do have something to live for "Nothing" hahahaha XD

• Actually if there was nothing to live for like family or devotion. Then actually I might go start living with morals. You know like fornication etc.

• There's always something to live for...

• not even... I would find somthing to die for...

• No. I'd just find a reason to keep on living. And if I couldn't find it, I'd make it.

• If I was very ill, and there was no hope, and there was a painful prognosis probably.

• Yes, obviously (although I don't think having nothing to live for is even realistically possible).

• Why would I do that for.

• No i wouldn't. But according to my observations, people who has nothing to live for, joining Islamic groups in middle east and kill everyone except her/him.

• no, just means you have to find something to live for

• I can`t tell the future so things might look up just have to be patient

• No, there's always something to live for

• Hmm….

Probably.

But since there always IS something to live for, I'm not gonna do it :D

• Lol i like to think I'm past thoughts like that

• nope, i like living

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• No. You only have nothing to live for if you choose not to have anything to live for. I went through depression in my early 20s. I felt so alone and unhappy and overwhelmed with those feelings. I'd also just been laid off. There were days where I wouldn't get out of bed or eat anything. I'd just lay there and sleep or just read or just cry. There was a time when I even had thoughts of suicide, and when that happened I realized I needed to snap out of it quickly.

My dad committed suicide when I was a little kid, and I could never put my family through that again. The loss after a suicide is painful and you feel empty, betrayed, guilty, lost, and angry. I've never understood why he did it. He had to have been feeling awful to go through it and leave his family and two little girls.

So as soon as I had those thoughts, I told myself I had to change things and quickly. I was twenty-one when I went through that. I am now twenty-nine and things are a lot better. I'm glad I changed my mind. I'm glad I didn't put my family through all of that. I think anyone can change their lives if they really want to, and things can get better. I think whatever my dad went through could have changed. He's missed out on a lot by killing himself. He has a wonderful grandchild he'll never meet. My nephew is the sweetest little boy, and I could have missed the opportunity to meet him as well.

I think his suicide taught me that no matter what, you can always have something to live for.

• Yeah because then what would be the point? I need a goal to work towards, that's the only thing that I live for.

• I was actually going to do that today but, my friend said "think about how your family will feel if you go trough with this." I had a cousion who passed away and Ik how it feel to loose a family member. I see my famlies face every Christmas and how it hasn't been the same since she was gone. I don't want to double the grief. So, I choose to try to stay strong for my family.

• That's good. I want to kill myself sometimes too.. But then I remember how much I have suffered.. How much pain.. How can I just mill myself when my happiness is so near? I need to win.. Be the best.. Never give up. No matter what.. Live, for tomorrow.

• Absolutely not! How do I know that just around the next bend in the pathway of my life that there isn't the absolute best thing that's ever happened in my life waiting for me to discover? A crappy outlook on life is your own choice, you choose to look at things from the dark side when if you took the time to walk to the other side it's bathed in light! It's all a matter of perspective sometimes.

• nah i wouldn't. i'd just wait until i die.

• Yees I want to.

• I've already tried to multiple times.

• God is real so there is ALWAYS something to live for.

• Maybe, maybe not. I always try to find a reason to live for..

• Nope because for me there is always something to live for.

• no i don't think so. i don't have it in me.

• Nope, because I like living no matter what.

• Well, yeah, but I think most people who are stopped from killing themselves say later that there WERE things to live for and they were just in a state where they couldn't see it. That's the key in my book.

• No i won't

• No. I'd just find something or someone to live for. I'm determined to make my mark on the world

• No way. There's always something to live for.

• Yes I would kill myself if I had nothing to live for

• I am manic depressive and have tried a few times already so it is a constant struggle for me to find a reason to live for.

• Unless I got horribly disfigured by fire or another type of accident and ended up looking like Freddy Krueger, nope.

• Don't want to think about it. I'm always careful and would never leave a candle on nor be careless. I'm also careful who I would be getting involved with.

• Probably :P