How best do you handle working with a manager you hate?

Have you ever worked with a manager you just could not stand? How did you handle it?

Did you bear with it? Talk back? Quit? What did you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are some managers I dislike, I'm just lucky they are not my supervisors >:D

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a perfectionist. I worked in the same room, our desks were less than 2ft apart, we could overhear each others phone calls, I'd take care of his kids some times after hours, take messages from his wife, family and friends, directors, cutomers when he was absent. I know WAY too much about his (VERY rich) family business and their dirty secrets and he knew that I know it. I hated the hypocrite (he was deeply religious but didn't behave accordingly). He hated the atheist I am but appreciated the results I got in my work and my trustworthiness. He was highly skeptic about my sometimes unorthodox way of obtaining seemingly impossible results.

We understood each others intellectual value and broad culture. We would have been friends... if he hadn't been a rich hupocrite religious bastard.

In the end he got fired when he tried to use unorthodox methods. I didn't cry for him.
    I don't know if I'd want to know him if our paths crossed again. 50/50?

What Girls Said 6

• Hey thats cool... That what I am learning right now...

• I talk to him as little as possible. Luckily for me, we usually have multiple managers on duty so my odds of having to talk to him for absolutely necessary things are slim to none.

• I search for a new job. then quit. (:

• I just bare with it and tried to ignore her when she was being annoying as hell.

• I haven't meet a manager whom I don't like.. I'm glad the managers I've working with are great and super kind.

• I've always talked shit about every boss I've hated. I never got to see them often so that was nice.

What Guys Said 4

• Just start looking for a new job casually in your own time. Don't tell anyone at your workplace you are looking. When you have a new job then give how ever many weeks notice you have to and leave. Don't walk out of your old job in a huff or anything. I use to have a manager I did not like.

• Depends how bad they are and how often I gotta deal with them.

• Talk to HR but eventually get the hell out of there if things don't change.

• look for a better job in the meantime...