How to let a guy know you're no longer interested without being mean?

To sum it up, I met a guy on tinder (just for the heck of it) and began talking to him since the start of summer. We became good friends but never met, just kept talking. I liked talking to him, but recently I realized that this entire thing felt more like a pen-pal sort of deal. And now that I feel this way, I have no idea how to bring it up, especially since he's recently asked to meet. I don't know whether to ignore him or let him down because I've committed so much time to talking to him. I feel bad too because I feel like I led him on and I don't know what to do. Any advice on how to deal with this? What do you think I should do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just let him down gently but honestly. Say - thanks for the offer but I'm not really looking for anyone at the moment plus I see you more as a friend. It let's him know that you're grateful but at the same time gets to the point and doesn't give him any false hope.

On the other hand, you could just meet him and see if the spark is there?

• Do you have any ideas of how I can phrase it?

• Awkward one... just keep it casual. "Hey about meeting up, i'm not really looking for anyone at the moment and I see you more as a close friend more than anything else, hope you understand!" something along those lines.

• Yeah I know ): Thank you for the advice!