Do you talk to your parents about your crush?

My parents are pretty open minded and they're like my friends. 😄 I usually tell them almost everything, from my crush to the littlest thing. One of my friend said that its weird to talk about your crush to your parents. 😓 So do you talk about them to your parents?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The most informed my parents have been about my relationship is when we told them we wanted to get married. Suffice to say they were surprised lol

Before that I didn't discuss him with them very much.

That's the most I've told them about any of my relationships. I've had whole relationships they didn't even know about lol

My business is my business. If it concerns them, I'll tell them.

What Guys Said 26

• Nope, I don't share anything with them.
    Why? Because they are the type of people to continually bother you about it, try to embarass you, and joke about it. They'll make references to it, and they'll tell people about it. It is kind of awful.

Mentioned a crush to them one time. I'm never doing it again. It's none of their business.

• Same thing here. Not the funniest thing ever sins you really want to be able to tell your parents everything.

• @lljwedo I personally just wanted to tell someone and didn't know who to tell. Nowadays I just keep all my info internally xD

• My parents never worried much about my relationships but i never was a open book to my parents about who i liked or was interested in. i think your best friend might have a point no offense please , there is certain things you should tell and certain things should be kept what they call sacred. I sure wouldn't want a girlfriend who went to her mom and said oh hey mom Darren and me french kissed today or look at the necklace he bought me or it was so funny how we both said the same stuff before he kissed me GoodNight
    your young but you got time to learn.

• Nope. Until I am in a secure long term relationship, I don’t tell my parents anything about who or what I’m doing in my love life. They’re extremely nosey and jump to conclusions so this is the only option I have.

• Back when I had crushes, yes. My first was in 4th grade. I told my parents about her, they met her at a school party or something like that. Found her on Facebook 8 years later.

• My little brother does, I dont. Its not because my father isn't open minded (yes we only live with our father) its because I just feel uncomfortable with it.

• Lol if I were to mention that I have a crush only for it to go nowhere, they'd be even more disappointed in me xD

• I usually don't. In seventh grade, I told them. But no, I keep insignificant aspects of my romantic life like that, to myself.

• It depends on the parents. for example open minded parents are like our friends but maybe they will joke you or tell your crushes to other family members. Unopened minded parents can be more harder to tell your crushes to them but they will never tell it to anyone and It will be secret..
    That's my though

• No.

1) There is one close friend who I've told who I like. One. I'm a reserved person when it comes to any love-related thing.
    2) They're going to make fun of me all the time. Every conversation will lead to it.
    3) I don't trust my parents when it comes to this.
    4) It's none of their business.
    5) It's not a relationship. If things never get anywhere it's just going to be awkward bringing that up.

• No, my mom would tease me about it and be super nosy.

• I don't. I've always been a private guy when it comes to my love life.

• yes. and they're waiting for my girlfriend. they want me to bring her in our house, which is totally awkward for some point, but it makes sense.

• I only talk to my mother about past decisions I've made when having a girlfriend and so, intelectual shit now that I feel she's smart enough for those conversations

• no, the only person I talk to about that kind of stuff is my brother.

• No because it's just a crush not my girlfriend.

• Nope, I don't talk to my parents about anything.

• No, i want it but i think i didn't it because i never tell my crash anyone I dont want to sorry someone but also this is a good chance

• If I tell me parents about my list of crushes they'll make me marry my uncle's daughter asap 😂😂

• I would in my case, yes

• That is cool, but i don't share that with my parents nor do they ask me

• No way man. My parent's are a little nutty though.

• They're like dementia nutty. So I could tell them but they'd just look at me confused for 10-minutes then mumble something about how much they loved that cat and how nice the weather is.

• hahahha ahahha ahhahaaha

no x_x

• NO they will put me under the microscope and start watching alllll my moves...

• Never that would be so awkward lol

• I didn't crush anyone so i didn't need it...

• no because our parents hate eachother and it would cause a shit fight if my parents knew i liked her

What Girls Said 20

• Nope. My parents strongly discourage having crushes they (mainly my mom) used to tell me not to crush on anyone just focus on my studies. From then on I knew I could never tell either my mom or dad about these things they never asked about it either most of the time they miss out on my fun/funny adventures cause they aren't open minded, but I don't worry cause I have my sister and friends to share crushes and other stuff with although I do wish I can be close to my parents its more like me just living in a dorm and they are the care takers only there to feed, cloth, and keep a roof over my head but nothing else.

• Damn that sucks. It's like that for me too. I used to talk to my father but not anymore since I don't talk to him

• I liked a guy in high school for like 3 years and when I started going to his apartment to hang out I just kinda let it slip to my mom..
    Like "can I go to blah blahs house... I like him a lot.."

Then the next couple after that, well I kinda dated one so of course she knew and yeah I told her about the cute things we did and when he kissed me. And she didn't know about the next one until I was crying because he broke my heart 😐

I think its healthy to talk about it. Most people don't but it just means you have a good relationship with your parents. Not a bad thing.

• I don't. I don't find the need to share things with my mum (I think you'd know why ><) and we often mind our own business.

• Absolutely not. I've never talked about this with my parents. But I'm envious you have a relationship where you feel comfortable talking about it. That's great

• That's not weird, people that are open about their sex lives to their parents are weird.
    But no I never did. I never had any real relationship with my parents. at least not like that.
    They're too religious and scared for us to be like that

• You're lucky. I wish I could have a relationship like that with my parents.
    No, I don't talk about it with them. They would judge me and I feel uncomfortable about sharing this type of information with them.

• nope i don't..

• When my mom was alive I told her everything about my love life. I could trust her and get the best advice.

• Nope because it's not my thing

• No i dont , a bit weird yeah lol

• Sometimes but it's really awkward. 😅

• My parents are in their late 70s don't think they would care.

• Before i went with my exboyfriend i was totally shy about it, but now i can talk freely with my Dad about it thankfully.
    He supports me with this and gives me good advice.
    My mom however... nope

• Sometimes my mum because I also consider her a good friend

• i would never do sutch a thing.

• No, I never talk to my parents about my crush.

• Oh, HELL NO! XD

• Haha no way :D

• yes.. i do! but not all of them coz my parents are like 'judgemental'

• Nooooo my dad supports the football team that hate my crushes fav football team! There'd be conflict everywhere