If I stop doing weed will my memory come back?

Ever since I started doing, my memories been like shit. I am stopping. But will I ever fully remember things again?

• ya
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad smokes weed all the time and has stopped for a few days (years ago) and he said memory came back and dreams became unbelievably vivid and realistic

Enjoy :)

What Guys Said 9

• you gotta take tolerance breaks, preferably long ones. smoking too much or too often causes you're dendrites in your brain to overload and burn out. This is because pot disables a pause effect between neural impulses, allowing more focus and a temporary boost in brain power (in my experience). If you start losing you're train of thought or having memory lapses, your brain needs a break. dendrites are replaced every two weeks or so anyway so it's not a major problem. You probably shouldn't smoke for more than two weeks straight, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to spend twice as much time sober as you do high (2 weeks high to 1 month sober, for instance). None of this guarantees that there won't eventually be some minor permanent brain damage. proceed with caution and act in moderation. Also keep in mind that although pot isn't highly addictive, it's still very easy to form a dependence.

• your*, that is... (my most common typo)

• Does pot actually slow down neural impulses? Or is that something you think?

• @TripleAce no, normally, there is a rest period after a neuron fires, before it can fire again. one of the effects of pot, or so I've read, is to inhibit this rest phase, causing neurons to fire faster, or more frequently (it's speculation that this actually causes improved brain performance). this is what causes the dendrites to overload and burn out, but like taste buds when you burn your tongue, they grow back pretty fast.

• Yes, it will take about 30 day's to fully clear the thc from your system. You will probably start being able to focus much better in a few days.

• I had a case manager used to smoke weed and her memory was horrible i think weed has good effects along with bad effects and I'm not judging people who smoke it ,

• Smoking casually is ok

The memory loss you experience is generally during the impairment... not the day after.. but it will slow down your thoughts and make you relaxed so you might find it harder to register information that is complicated the day after

After a few days your back to normal... unless your a heavy smoker then I'd say a few weeks to a month.. by heavy I mean multiple joints a day

• That depends on how much you've used. There's some suggestion that extensive use can cause permanent damage. It can take some time for your memory to "heal".

• Why do u think that weed erases ur memory? , it makes u remember ur bullshit and laugh at it, i do it alone sometimes, i do it a lot in parties but i never forget the party. . only the moment i wakeup i ask myself what happened and then i remember what happened. .. but sometimes it depends on how many joints u smoke or if u added some medicine to it that may cause some... u better know what u smokin first. ...

• It will improve but the damage caused by strong weed is permanent apparently.

• Oh okay :p

• @EarthToKepler I've been smoking for a while and even after extended tea breaks I don't feel the same as before I started smoking. If you google it there's plenty of sources claiming it does cause permanent damage and plenty of sources claiming it doesn't. All I can go off is how I feel though, and it feels like it's done me damage.

• Weed has been proven to damage brain functions

• depends on the weed from who i know who has done weed no not all your memories will come back

What Girls Said 3

• After Pinterest and Gag, that probably what use the most on the internet.

• No. Those memories are gone

• Yes it will.