What's with the stray cat trying to protect me?

There is this one stray cat that shows up early every morning in my street and walks by my side till I get to the subway. The cat literally waits for me to get out of the house and follows me and tries to scare the other cats or other people that pass by me!! Lmao I just can't believe it...

Yesterday I was stroking another cat in the street and this one showed up and kicked it! :O

I love cats but can't really understand their body language lol. Anyone knows?

• The cat loves you! / wants you to show affection.
  • The cat is actually a person in a cat's body! :O
  • I have no idea either.
  • GaG should add a "cat's behaviour" section.

Most Helpful Guy

• Kitties protect and defend those they love, when the relationship is very special.

Speaking of which, my first rescue cat is here with me right now. We've been family for over five years now. When I can see that she needs some attention, I go and lie down on the bed next to her, and the first thing she does is to look around intently, especially out the windows, with searching eyes and pupils dilated, scanning for threats.

You're very luck to have a kitty that loves you so much. Find a way to give that kitty a forever home with you. It's easy for people who are allergic to cats to not have a reaction, even living full-time with a kitty--it just takes some thought and vacuuming. :) Good luck and don't let that kitty go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha! That is hilarious! You should adopt it :) he thinks you're his human :)

What Guys Said 11

• It's imprinted on you like Jacob did in the Twilight series, you're his woman now lol :P
    Did you feed it? Pretty good reason for it to bond to you

• Good point! hahaha

I've never fed it lol

(sorry for responding ageeees later)

• So do I need to have a talk with this cat? Tell him he can't take you away from me ;)

You responded so late I had time to be 20 :o
      Lol it's fine :P

• Does it hold its tail straight up in the air when it sees you? That is typical behaviour of a cat that is friendly, trusting and loving. Watch its tail if it meets another cat, or feels unhappy. It will be straight horizontal. If it goes right down to the ground, it will feel threatened.

This cat feels very safe with you.

• OMG it does hold its tail all straight up in the air when it sees me! :O That's what I found strange at first lol! Didn't know what it meant. Thank you!:)

• Always welcome! I'm a real cat lover, too. I still miss our beloved tortie Freya. It's been several years now.

• Adopt the cat. Cats that adopt us are the very best cats there are.

• he cat loves you! / wants you to show affection.

My Dog was like that everytime I walked her if anyone came around me she would lunge and bark at them she is a Rott

• Cuz it wants u as much as i want chu babe 💋simple isn't it?

• wow, have seen dogs doing that but cats?
    Very cute apparently.

• Did you feed the cat

• the cat likes you a lot

• You should adopt him... no joke

• Why didn't you tell the cat that you are already taken? Why didn't you tell him about me? ;)

• IDK!! i hate cats. OK!!
    by the way where the hell hav yo been?

• I'm pretty busy ya know :P

how could you hate cats? They're like the cutest creatures that just don't give a single fuck lol

• Thats exactly why i hate em cause they dont give a rats ass aboutchu

just sayin...

What Girls Said 3

• 1|2
    • Oh yes I'm dying to adopt it!! But I have a parakeet at home and afraid the cat would it eat :( Also mom is allergic -_- I should wait for having an apartment of my own... damn it.

• Just teach him not to harass the bird and buy your mom Allegra or whatever every month XD

• Cats choose their owners. Dogs are blindly loyal but cats zero in on who they want:) Some are protective like this one♡

• I do not think the cat is protecting you. If you fed it, it sees you as his only way of food so he keeps coming back because its hungry. It attacked the cat because it thought it would take its food