Does cleaning relax you?

I typically use it to distract myself, and I don't even realize I'm doing it (distracting myself) until after I'm done. And at that point I just feel completely satisfied with my work after cleaning an entire room or, if I'm ambitious, house. For instance today I completely cleaned out my bedroom of junk I was hoarding for whatever reason and organized all my books and tucked away electronic stuff in my electronic drawer. MAN, I'm so satisfied.

Does cleaning relax you?
I'm gonna sleep SO good tonight.

So tell me, does cleaning relax and/or satisfy you?

• Cleaning relaxes / satisfies me
  • Cleaning does NOT relax / satisfy me
  • The result of cleaning relaxes / satisfies me

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends whether you are talking about actual cleaning or just tidying up. I live together with my girlfriend in our own place, so we have to do a lot of house chores such as cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, doing this wet cleaning of the floor etc. etc. For the most part, I really hate these chores. The only house chore I quite enjoy for some reason is doing laundry.
    As for tidying up... it depends. I think I need a certain amount of chaos to feel happy ;-). For example I need a lot of books and papers on my desk to feel relaxed. My girlfriend and me share one room of our apartment as "office", where we study etc. While my girlfriend likes it very tidy and wants her desk completely empty if possible, I feel like a real study room or office is supposed to have books and some papers lying around, especially if it's academic books. It just makes me feel more comfortable. But once every year or so I also sit down and tidy up a bit because the chaos simply becomes too big. In those instances, it can be fun to play some good music and walk around the apartment and tidy things up ;-).

• I'm talking about all cleaning. Tidying or deep cleaning.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It satisfies my OCD about my stuff being out of place. :D

What Guys Said 7

• I do it as I go so I never have to do a big clean, the cleaning itself isn't what satisfies me, it's what it achieves- a nice clean and tidy space!

• Yeah, I think that's it. It's a sense of pride of what you've accomplished. And when it's a space that's YOURS and you spend a lot of time in it's even better because it makes your environment more relaxed to have it neat and tidy.

• I am so ordered and neat - I am constantly cleaning to make sure everything in place - I couldn't relax if something was out of place.

• I don't know but I'm generally am organized person! Like if my room is messy I won't be able to sleep as long as I put everything in place. It's like I want my things in place so I don't have to get pissed off if I can't find them later on when I need them.

• Nooooope. It's just work that I don't wanna do. And I'm sooooo slow when I clean. It literally takes me days to clean my room that was never really messy to begin with.

• Lazy butt.

• My brother's like you. It would take me an hour or so to tidy my entire room but it'd take him 6 hours to clear one corner. It would take him about three days to get close to a clean room but he never fully cleaned it. He's now moved out and lives in a pig sty with his lazy girlfriend who also doesn't have any clue on how to clean.

• @Hannah591 yup that sounds like me. I just can't be moved to do something I'm not motivated to do

• Not really, napping is relaxing for me, cleaning is just routine maintenance so to speak.

• No it does not, it only makes me exhausted.

• I don't know.

What Girls Said 4

• A couple of days ago, I tidied my room entirely- dusted, hoovered and changed my sheets, even got rid of some clothes. I even dusted my light/fan. I don't enjoy it but I loooveee afterwards. It's so refreshing with new sheets, no mess and spotless surfaces (mine are black so you can see all the dust). I just wanted to lie in it and appreciate its cleanliness. I even told my parents to come up and admire it. I usually take a picture too, just to remind myself.

• ok see I'm that person who will clean when i have time, but when i start, good luck trying to stop me. like i dont even realise it, and by the time I'm done, it's been about 4 hours or so lmao.

• Cleaning stresses me out.

• Nope. Cleaning does not relax me at all. It more irritates me. I am a lazy person so I for such occasion I hire a cleaning crew online and these guys solve all my problems.