Ever got so nervous that you threw up?

I have a job interview today. I feel like a loser already.
I'm really nervous.. I couldnt sleep all night. I got this nauseating feeling an hour ago. My hands started trembling and I threw up. I'm still feeling even more nervous and sick now... ugh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it just nerves or is other things affecting you?

• My heartbeat rate is really fast, I had this headrush feeling about an hour ago. After I throw up, I'm feeling even worse. My hands are trembling, my heart is beating too fast, I feel like if I get up from the sofa, I'll faint... Feeling really weak

• I tried to eat it, but I'm feeling even worse... What the heck is wrong with me..

• I am wondering if you mighthave a stomach bug

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost everytime when I do public speaking, I meant the nausea and nervousness. I don't throw up every single time tho, that would kill me because I have to do public speaking every now and then.

• I'm not scared of giving a speech. But I'm scared of giving an interview... I guess I'm really weird..

• I hope you don't throw up in office though.. I hope I don't throw up again when I reach office...

• I hope you'd be doing okay. I usually listen to music and my fingers would naturally play to the tune of the piano, and I'd gradually relax..

What Guys Said 20

• It is a time-honored tradition in aviation that flight instructors will not tell you the exact day of your first solo flight. They'll kind of hint that it's coming, but they never actually tell you the exact day.

Mine first solo flight was just that way. My instructor actually hopped out of the plane when we finished the run up! He shouted, "Gimme three touch-and-go's." and walked away. No sooner had he walked away than the tower said, "77 Foxtrot [I'll always remember my first solo plane's number] cleared for take off on 25, left standard departure." I literally had no time to be nervous.

When I did the final 3rd landing, I taxied to the FBO and they pulled me from the plane (I was like jelly) and gave me a T-shirt with my name on it, the date, and the caption "TAKE NO PRISONERS" and hosed me off (another time-honored tradition). Now, given that my legs were like jelly, I suddenly realized how thrilling and nerve wracking the whole thing was! If I had time to think about it, who knows what would have happened!

• by the way, the "Left standard departure" was a mistake on my part. I was so used to doing things that way, I automatically requested it on getting clearance.

• Take somthing to calm your stumic because I no for a fact puking on your boss is not a career builder

• Lol! I feel like staying at home..

• I left my job about few weeks ago. It's not like I'm going for an interview first time.. But my fear and nervousness is getting worse and worse..

• How to deal with it?

• No but I've passed out. It was after having my blood drawn for the first time 😔

• How did your interview go?

Yes yes i did aaalmost!
    I hope you dont mind reading this story lol:
    In the morning when still at home, i was sooo nervous, because i planned on talking to my crush that day, i literally felt the sour taste in my throat, but luckily didn't vomit, i was on the edge of throwing up lol. I took a few deep breaths and it went away. You see, im shy lol and find these things difficult xD.

When the moment came to talk to her, i chickened out.. Next day it started all over again. After a few days i did walk up to her and started talking, i was trembling, almost sweating, my heart was racing, lightheaded lol and then some other guy kind of cockblocked me LOL, while he KNEW that i was crushing on her.
    After a few minutes after that she came to me and we talked more, and i asked her to chat to me during the break the next day, oh my goodness, that chat the next day was the most awkward thing I've ever experienced lol.. I doubt if i can ever get her after that happened.. :(

Basically we had a lot of silences and we werent really talking, we were just standing, i was too freaking nervous. Her friends were looking at us and probably thinking like "wtf are they doing together there?". I really felt worthless after that, so ashamed. I doubt if she will ever like me, cuz i like her so much

• Yup, I get that time to time. It's anxiety. I felt it when I shaved for first time, gave my project presentation. Also, each time I give interview & travel to places I don't like.
    Good luck, you'll do great ^^

• I have a test too. I have a test today + I"ll have to go for an interview. Which has doubled stress. I couldn't eat much last night

• Umm... not eating worsens nausea. Don't think about it too much. Take deep breaths ^^

• Thank you so much, I'll try...

• Yeah, when I was getting a shot in elementary school xD haha. I have a huge phobia for needles, I fainted aswell

• I used to be scared of needles but ever since I had an accident I'm not scared of needles anymore, lol.

• LMHO!!! Really? Damn, I didn't know you started flirting at an early age, lol. I'm surprised you weren't scared of girls.. O_O
      I used to stay away from boys because I thought they had cooties... X___x
      by the way... What did your mom say? 😳

• Hahaha I don't remember. Knowing her she probably told me to pay attention in class xD The girls were scared of the guys and the guys had fun scaring the girls is how I remember it haha :D Good time

• Awe yeah nerves do that to us sorry about that i hope you feel better -Hugs- <3

• I hope the interview went well for you. :-)

• Hmm I got over it a long time ago when I was in theater... but yes lol very well aquatinted

• What did you do to reduce anxiety?

• Well you learn that its just a frame of mind. You can never get rid of it... think of building a tolerance to it and then eventually you will have not a care; if you think about it this is actually something you have built up in your mind with a practically no lose scenario... you could say that you lost the job but another will come along filling in the gap until you don't pay any heed to your history. Just a thought:)

• you will do great, trust me

and nah but I almost threw up 2 days ago after I ate this greasy Chinese food at 11pm

• yo @Genie23 1st of all sorry didn't see this question when i could have actually helped you but as it is that i'm seeing it now let me give you some sure shot ways to relieve yourself during such situations
    1stly u need to get rid of the nauseous feeling for that try a slice of lemon (i. e. sour stuff) ... best if u could get one of those small nimbus and lick on a slice... this will make u get rid of the nauseous feeling to a great extent
    2ndly take a antacid or general stomach medicine to stop your stomach problem incase its being caused by acidity or gastric problem or something like that
    3rdly... take a medicine to stop your vomiting (remember in all other cases you should rather vomit and get the stuff out of your system) but when u r going for a job interview puking infront of your boss doesn't really make u a career :P
    4thly nest you will need a food supplement to give yourself strength... go for general vitamin tablets or if u up for it munch on a few dry crackers nothing fancy
    5th, stuffs like ginger tea, electrolytic drinks (best if u can get fresh coconut milk) are good to bring the taste back to you and stop vomiting & stay hydrated at a time like this remember though do not drink stuffs high in caffeine at a time like this or anything that will cause acidity
    6th... one you feel better in order to get rid of your anxiety and nervousness try giving a intro/or whatever u r gonna say to the interviewer infront of the mirror... watch some funny stuffs to divert your mind... best remedy is to talk to a friend or family
    7th... NAIL THE GODDAMN INTERVIEW AND OWN THOSE BITCHES :P ;)
    [ HOPE THIS HELPS U , IF U EVER GET IN SUCH A TROUBLE... I STAY ALONE SO I'VE PERFECTED THIS METHODS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS... REMEMBER #whatDoesn'tKillUmakesUStronger :P

• by the way a good general medicine to stop vomiting is AVOMINE and yeah the above stuffs only work when its not something extremely serious... it won't work if u have something like a serious food poisoning or something like that... :P by the way i might be a engineer but i can give a hell of advices like a doctor #CSE2MD :P

• yes it has happened to me once or twice

• Not when I throw up. But do feel nauseous.

• What do you do then?

• If anything I try to listen to music and try to lose myself in it. Forcing myself to just tap to the beat until my mind shifts towards a more amusing state of mind. It isn't easy, and it takes a while.

Actually something I did recently at a convention when I felt really off. Went to a rave and sat myself down, tapping my foot to the music. Then adding another subtle motion with my hand or my body and then 30 minutes later I got myself up and started dancing with the crowd for a little bit.

• Ah.. Thank you so much for advice. I'll try that

• Do you know the Kruger - Dunning research? It explains how unskilled workers are actually unaware of their incompetence. You're nervous because you feel you're not gonna get the job. That's actually good. That means you're not unskilled.

Problem is my logic is super flawed. :D You're gonna be okay, though.

And to answer your question: no. When i get really nervous, i have the runs. I think it's worse. Especially if you like spicy food.

• i had one earlier today :( it didn't work out...
    i hope yours went well, you have no reason to be worried!
    i would hire you :)

• Being an suffer from anxiety issues i can say that i've never thrown up, but i've wretched a few time. Find a piece of music that relaxes you, and take a few minutes to take long deep breathes in through your nose and out (slowly) from your mouth, you want to aim for about 8 'cycles' a minute

• her is a note for next time you feel nervous. eat gum. it works. it tricks your brain into thinking that you are in no danger because if you were, why would you be eating

• No, that has never happened. But it's all good. Your body is preparing for fight or flight. See we're still animals really.

• awe :3 no hope you get better though don't ever feel like they're better than you

• Good luck on the interview

What Girls Said 6

• Relax, @Genie23, you will do Fine. Your amazing abilities and great personality and pretty face will get you Everywhere.
    I never 'Threw up' but I have gotten the runs having to Run to the bathroom when stressed.
    Good luck. xx

• I'm rather lucky and nerves are not something I get, probably because I'm too stupid to understand the gravity of the situations. I mean I get a little nervous, but not about interviews or things like that. If I had to catch a baby I'd be nervous as hell though!

I hope the interview went well :)

• I will do you one better: I was once so excited that I threw up. Met an actor I had a crush on in high school. Was so happy that I threw up when I got home.

• take medication and see if that helps.

• Didn't actually throw up, thankfully. haha But I remember feeling nauseous for a few days before my driving exam. I couldn't calm myself down. Same for when I had my med school admission exam, but only in the morning of the exam.

• No, that never happened to me. Just be yourself and breath in and out to try and stay calm, you'll do great girly. Good luck :) <3