Why some people don't have accounts on social media?

I know few people that don't use facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat etc
Why that? i mean i know people who use those for short period then they remove their accounts.
I think it's weird right?

Most Helpful Girl

• No more weird than putting all your personal details online for people to trawl through, spend hours and hours searching through people's lives, being friends with people you hardly know - facebook is weird and the fact everyone is so happy to give up all their info for anyone to see is weird to me.

We got along just fine without this invasive shit before so many people do without it now. We didn't use to take our dinner round to people's houses and ask if they liked it, but for some reason a thousand people a day post a photo of their food online and thousands more go and 'Like' it. Is that not really fucking sad and pathetic?

What Girls Said 5

• I had some of them, but decided to deactivate them. On Facebook, I was tired of seeing negativity and sometimes really stupid things on my live feed. If a friend wants to contact me, they can call, text, or meet up in person.

• It's a trend. Every individual in the entire world doesn't need to follow a trend if they choose not to.

• Some people like the privacy I guess. My boyfriend is one of those people without any form of social media. He's a strong believer that once you put something on the internet, you can't get it back and everyone knows who you are. Seriously, it took me so long to convince him to even get Skype or Kik.

• yeah i am one of those weirdos.. lol.. i like my privacy.. :)

• You still can secure your account on FB and hide literally everything.

• Cool got it!
      That means you tried then you didn't like :P

• I did make an FB account.. I think a year ago. Never used it again

• I've never had any of those accounts, except snapchat but i never used it
    i just don't understand the point of them

What Guys Said 2

• It's because supervisors and bosses will look people up.

• because they are evil and destroying peoples lives