Did your mother go to college?

Did your mother go to college? When and where was she born? My mother was born in 1979 and didn't go to college after high school.

• She went to college
  • She didn't
I accidentally wrote my aunt's birth date which is 1979. My mom was born in 1976

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• She wanted to and she went for one semester, but then her mother got sick and she had to drop out to take care of her. :/

What Guys Said 13

• My mum was born in 1963. She wanted to study, unfortunately her parents could not fund her education. She worked for a while with her dad as a secretary. When she married my dad they saved money together and he funded my mum's education in accounting. Later on when i was born... she left to bring me and my 2 siblings up. I loved how both my parents supported each other through life and built memories together

• My mom was born on November 15th, 1970 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. And she is currently in college pursuing a business degree.

• Born 1923
    Bachelor in pedagogy
    Master in history of art

• Nope, she didn't even go to highschool

• Yes, though she went relatively late in life.

• i am the first in my family to go to college

• Not only did she go to college, but she met my dad in grad school.

• Mother had a Masters in Library Science, Father in Textile Engineering and an MBA.

• Nobody in my family has gone to college except me.

• No; she didn't...

• I was a first generation college student.

• Yes. She was born in 1946.

• Yes, she did. She was born 56, and I believe she went, right out of college, so she would have been degreed in 74, assuming she got through in the first 4 years

What Girls Said 18

• My mother was born in 1972, in a small Nigerian village. Her mother has only ptimary school education and encouraged her to study. My mother has 2 first degrees, a master and is currently doing her PhD. She gained a first class in nursing whilst taking care of 2 young children and a new born baby. She got her masters while taking care of 4 children single handedly whilst missing her husband working abroad! I know only a few women has hardworking as my mama :) she's my inspiration!

• She did, but later in life (she was going to college at the same time that I was).

• My older brother was the same way. He went to college the same time my mother did.

• my mum was born is 69 and she didn't g when she left school she instead went off enjoyed the punk scene then the mod scene got married in i think 86 had kids in 93 and 98 got divorced in 2000 and somehow went back to college in 2003 whilst raising me and my sister n her own she's now a bachelor of science and i'm pretty proud

• Yup, she got a law degree but she's housewife because she wanted to take care of us and didn't have the heart to leave us with nannys <3

• My mom was born in 1960, and she did not go to college. She had too many other things to focus on at the time, and going to college at the time wasn't really necessary. She's done well enough for herself without going for a degree.

• She went to university and now she's a family doctor. Born in 1961 if that's interesting. My grandmother also went to law school, but couldn't persue a carreer since she got 5 children.

• My mom went to college but then dropped out because she got married. My dad then divorced her and she went back to finish up her degree for a job.

• My mom went to the university of Toronto (canada) , and was born and raised in Canada, it would have been about 1987 I think?

• yes. she was born in the early 1950s and attended the top university in her country at the time but never used her degree because she married a military man.

• My mother was born in 1969 and no, she didn't.

• damn your mom is young. how old are you?

• I accidentally wrote my aunt's birth date. My mom was born in 1976, me 2001.

• oh ok gotcha. my mom was born in the mid sixties and did not go to college after high school. she got married at 20yo

• She was born in 1976 and she went to college after high school.

• Not sure what year my mom was born, but she dropped out of college because she got pregnant.

• Yea, my mom was born in 1965 and today she is a nurse.

• My grandma (born in 1950) wanted to be a nurse but she couldn't study because there were no schools nearby except an elementary school and they were poor. She got married.

• she didn't, but she went to an institute

• No. I am actually the first female in my family to go to university. Both of my families are or were very career driven. My mom was born in the late '60s in Europe.

• No.. She did not. My mom was born in 1970.

• No, she didn't and regrets not having a higher education. Though she did attended a 2-year informatics program in an institute but quitted after only the first semester.