Do you learn from your mistakes made or do you continue to repeat them?

I was chatting with my girl friend just now about some things and she said lesson learned, not gonna repeat it again. But I swear she's gonna repeat it again because it's already the third time she's saying this. 😂

Anyways, that got me wondering.. do you people actually learned from the mistakes which you've made? Or do you actually keep repeating it until, well.. y'know finally got the lesson into your head? 🙈

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I keep making the same mistakes even if i know in my head it isn't good for me. But those have became an ingrained habit and more so, sometimes I am not emotionally convinced of where I want to be, meaning, I am not motivated enough.

Because when I have the motivation, it is very unlikely that I will let myself repeat the same mistake again.

What Guys Said 26

• Another good thing nature has granted me is with the ability not just to learn from experience but also realize all about it. In addition to which I've been granted the ability to learn not just from my own experience but that of others too.

I may repeat the action but not the mistake :D ;)

• I do my best to learn from my mistakes, especially in games, music, school, or social related things.

If I make a mistake in a game, I try to find the mistake and work on it. Same with music. If I know I have trouble with essays at school, I'll make an appointment with the lecturer so I can gain assistance. If I know I talk about weird topics that people don't like, I'll stop talking about such topics.

• I absolutely try and learn from my mistakes

• Depends on the significance of the mistake. Trivial mistakes may take a while to sink in. Mistakes with brutal and immediate consequences tend to penetrate my thick skull quicker. In many cases, though, the distance in time between a making mistake and discovering it as such limits the learning value.

• I try to, but it can be hard breaking habits. However as the saying goes, the definition of insanity is attempting the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. (I know, I probably butchered it but I didn't feel like looking it up, ok?)

• Yes, i have learned from past mistakes i will never go there again.

• I usually learn from my mistakes.

• I am stubborn about my principles but not about people's character. If they did something wrong I would love to return the favor even if it takes me a long time. I will try all ways to find what ticks them.

• I learn from my mistakes, but I repeat them often in one way or another. But with every mistake I'm a better man.

• umm, that is a good question. i do learn from my mistakes but i do tend to make them again. i guess you can't learn from every mistake. we are only human

• Nah I gotta have it slapped in my face about 5 times before it really sticks.

• Ya I repeat to

• Definitely learn from them. Then if I see someone I care about about to do the same thing I did I warn them.

• I learn from them but, I've repeated too many and repeating too many as well.

• I try to learn from them

• If I made a mistake and was aware it was a mistake, then I try not to repeat it. Otherwise I'm probably a repeater.

• Sometimes yes sometimes no.

• Every mistake is a lesson.

• I only repeat them if I forget them. Normaly not

• Depends on the mistake.

• Losing the ones I love.

• Sorry, wrong one. Sometimes I do learned, sometimes I don't.

• I learn by doing, so mistakes are a trick of the trade for me:)

• She won't learn until someone else tells her it's wrong. That she needs something else, deserves better, that sort of thing

• Failure is life's greatest teacher.

• well i'm not an idiot. I'm an alien.

• cool story sis...

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, for sure, but it's case by case basis. Some things I have learned from and have change/am working on changing... other things, I keep repeating history. It's interesting how we may have really good self-control over one thing and a complete lack of it for something else.

One of the mistakes I actually continue to make is browsing the web uselessly when I need to be productive and studying hard. Like right now -_- smh

• I repeat my mistakes a few times even though I know it's a mistake while doing it. I guess I'm a slow learner? But eventually I stop.

• I've never learned anything from my mistakes other than it was a stupid idea and to try it in an alternative way the next time. For example, one time, i drank on an empty stomach. I was sick for two days. Lesson to be learned, you can still drink, just be sure to eat too.

• I think I repeat my mistakes a lot. I do learn from some of them, but many times I just fall back into the same patter I was in before. I get uber mad at myself for it. :(

• Some I repeat cause of certain weaknesses. Others I had a swift rememerable kick in the butt and I've learned.

• Well I think for a period of time you don't make the mistake again but sometimes it happens again. like you forgot what it as like to make the mistake. I've done that before. To be honest i think it depends on the situation because sometimes I wouldn't make the same mistake twice other times I go ahead a do it again. For example When break ups happen sometimes people go back with the person they broke up with like things have changed when most of the time that is not the case.

• I learn.
    You know what they say: "Fool me once..."

• Depends on the situation, but I think I repeat them :(

• i learn from my mistakes, the only problem is that i forget the mistake i made and have to relearn it. ;) but life teaches you. And, maybe if she is repeating it, its not a mistake and enjoys the outcome of it?

• I haven't really made serious mistakes, I will do whatever I think is right even if people disagree.. I think that is a "no"

• I give learning my best effort. I do have some deluded ideals I keep testing though. In most instances they fail me.. but for some reason I continue to indulge in busting my ass and bumping my head over them

• Me = self destructive masochist = an ongoing cycle of repat & withdrawl

• Usually i wouldn't do something again that i shouldn't have but sometimes you have hope that it won't turn out the same

• No one is perfect
    It's usually the same people that judge others are the real fuck ups

• I learn from my mistakes

• I'll make a mistake , but do it again. Especially if I'm like upset or something.

• I repeat them always, although I know they're wrong and In not supposed to repeat it.

• Sometimes I do learn from them, sometimes I forget its a mistake and repeat it.

• Just get drunk. Problem solved