If you had to get rid of 1 of the 5 senses what would it be and why?

• Touch
  • Taste
  • Sight
  • Smell
  • Hearing

Most Helpful Girl

• I have "Touched" so many things in my life, but NEED these Others, @EarthTOKepler, For less Strife...

Most Helpful Guy

• Smell is by far the least used out of those 3.

I can't imagine anyone actually giving up touch. I'm not sure they are thinking of the damage it could cause physcologicaly to literally feel nothing ever, on top of how neccesary it is.

What Girls Said 9

• Taste. I can live without taste but I can't live without the other senses

• Smell, I guess. :/ I dunno. It's not that it's useless, but I guess it's not as important as the others.

• Smell. I don't really need to smell anything.
    Taste... I need that. It sucks not being able to test when your nose is stuffy.
    Touch? I need that. How would you able to feel pleasure? You wouldn't feel any part of you body.
    Sight? I want to see. It must really suck being blind.
    Hearing? There are so many beautiful sounds in the world. And music is my life. I need that.

So, smell it is.

• Touch bc I'm a klutz and fall a lot … and walk into things … so it wouldn't hurt anymore

• Everyone is saying smell but I hope they all realise that when you eat the taste comes mainly from the smell, not the actual taste, which I understand makes no sense but oh well. I picked touch just because it's I think the least important one out of all of the,. But don't get me wrong, it would kill me to not be able to feel. Out of everything though I think Id have to pick it.

• Taste, the rest have more purpose in my life. I need to smell smoke, I need to touch because life would seem empty without it, sight and hearing are required for me to maintain my life as I know it.

• Taste. I can't taste anything right now anyway bc of the meds I've been taking😭😭

• I would get rid of smell.

• Probably taste i could try to live without

What Guys Said 12

• Smell definitely.

Smell for humans is like eyesight for dogs.
    Eyesight for dogs is like smell for humans.

Yeah we have the ability to smell things but it's hardly useful and often times, it's unpleasant anyway.

Which is why eyesight should have the lowest amount of votes, but apparently hearing does.

• Touch: I'd still feel pain which is necessary to know when there's something wrong with your body, and also I'll miss physical stimulation.
    Taste: Love eating, can't get better than pizza but still, the rest of my body will inform me when I need my energy dosage or my nutrient deficiency.
    Sight: Extremely important, wouldn't want to lose the ability to see and live in a world of absolute darkness
    Smell: Quite important for survival, lets you know of stuff that are distant to you. Also, pheromones in bed XD
    Hearing: I just CANNOT lose the gift of listening music. I would be dead without it.

I'd lose taste if I had to.

• smell fosho.

• Sight, its the one that misleads us the most

• i vote c because I want you to get outta my sight 3x. jk jk tbh because I want to have a reason to were sunglasses lol

• Defiantly between taste and smell... the least Important of them all

Or touch! Which would actually make you superhuman in a way... nothing would ever hurt?

• Id lose touch

• i think smell and taste go hand and hand but i would chose smell seems like the most useless one i could get by without it

• I have bad allergies, and rarely can smell anything anyway.

• Food is great and all, but I need hearing and sight, and feeling and smell are awesome. So, yeah, I'd get rid of taste. I'd help me lose weight too. :P

• If no touch means no pain, then that one. In case that's not how it works (I don't know about this stuff, to be honest), then I'd go with smell.

• Taste, it's not really very useful. Most the flavour comes from the smell anyway, so losing smell would make food have less flavour than loosing taste