What do you think about Islam?

I hate !
What do you think about Islam?
What do you think about Muhammed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion is a set of beliefs, and your beliefs define you as a person. For example, Jainism seems to teach "achieving perfection through nonviolence towards all living beings".
    Therefore, people can be judged based on the religion of their choice, or at least approximate what to expect.

Objectively, Muhammed had sex with his 9 year old wife whom he married at 6, and was physically abusing her. Any expressions of art (music and drawings) are seen as "idolatry" and are forbidden.
    And women are worth half a man as per """And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."""

So if you ask me, that's somewhat concerning. Add in that they obligate the mutilation of their male children, and then it gets really weird. I'm also a bit wary of the way how people cannot get out without being labelled "apostates" and essentially getting a death sentence as well.

Technically, as far as believers in Islam go, it seems to be that the less rigidly someone believes in Islam, the less likely they are to be "extremists" in the worst way possible. But identification as a follower of Islam is already a sign of its own.

P. S.: No, I am not religious, telling me about how Christianity has all this stuff doesn't phase me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that its morally correct in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE to put down someone elses religion. That's absolutely their business and you have no right to say anything so hateful! How dare you! I'm a Catholic, and I would NEVER even consider saying anything like about Islam.
    The immaturity of your question 100% disgusts me.

What Guys Said 34

• I know a fair amount. I've read the Koran (as well as the Bible of course). I have had a scholarly Egyptian friend who shares an interest of history with me and we have historical and philosophical discussions. He is a super nice guy. I have also dated a number of Moslem women and have many Moslem friends.

#1: Islam is not monolithic. Some Moslems wish to kill Americans. Others wish to marry one. I've crossed paths with both.

#2. The biggest difference is nationality, and even within a nation, there can be a wide chasm. I have never met a Saudi that I liked. I have met well over a hundred Indonesians that I like. Persians are 50/50. The family of a Persian friend of mine from college days celebrated the death of the Ayatollah (1989) by opening a bottle of champagne they had saved from when they lived in Iran, having saved it for that occasion (having alcohol in Iran is severely punished).

#3. There are those who wish to impose their extreme views onto others, often using violence. There are others who value freedom and tolerance and can be the nicest people in the world.

#4. Westerners have a hard time telling the difference between the good Moslems and the bad ones.

I will also point out that the spread of Islam is due to an error of Emperor Constantine hundreds of years earlier. He tried to consolidate Christianity and that led to growing importance of Rome and Athens and waning importance of Alexandria and Jerusalem. As the Roman Empire collapsed, it withdrew to Constantinople and left political vacuums that were filled by Persian, and then Arab invaders carrying Islam on a sword. (this is 2,000 pages of history in a paragraph)

It was Charles Martel who stopped the Islamic invasion of Europe at Toulouse. He is one of the most important people in Western civilization, for without him, Europe would be a very different place and Christianity probably would not have survived much longer.

The Islamic terrorists, ISIS and the Taliban today are in many ways still fighting the war they started 1,400 years ago. The West won and lost battles, but never had the will to win the war.

Don't consider all Moslems the same. Consider each person individually before passing judgment.

• I don't hate Islam. They have good values, and aren't really douchebags. There are more douchey Christians in the world than Muslims, which are mostly peace-loving, law-abiding, conservative citizens.

• All rich countries, all Christians and other ones hate Islam. I don't understand. USA was in Iraq for their oil. For their gold. ISRAEL have fucking killer government, ISIS is killing innocent Muslims. Why? Why all this hate? Do Muslims are bad people? Maybe. But I'm sure that the others are worse than Muslims. Most of people don't know anything about the other religions. They are just Muslim because they were born as a Muslim. They are just Christian because they were born as a Christian or they are just another thing because they were born as that. We all have brains and we should use them. When I think myself, I realize that I need belive something big. Something that I can trust, love and believe. It might be a God. So if I need to believe in a God, which would it be? Of course the best one. How can I find the best one? Internet, books, Koran, bible,... It's up to us. Just search for it. I don't want to talk about my results. We have to have a big purpose to live and die. Look at me. I'm 22 . almost half of my life :) it's done. WE DONT HAVE TOO MUCH TIME TO HATE SOMETHING AND SOMEONE. JUST TRY TO FIND YOUR PORPUSE. (sorry for my English, I'm not good in English)

• Islam started as a heresy of Christianity.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_in_Islam
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam
    Read "The Great Heresies", by Christian writer Hilaire Belloc:
    http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY3.TXT
    http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

He repeated what Saint John of Damascus and Petrus Venerabilis both wrote nearly 1000 years earlier.

Then both grew more and more apart because they were engaged in the geopolitic and economic competition and wars of the countries.

• I actually love all my muslim friends they have showed me nothing but kindness
    So i like Islam, i have nothing against it :)

I dont know enough about their prophet to have any real/valid opinion on him

• I dislike people who misappropriate the religion and use it for their own personal agenda... I also dislike Christians or any other 'religious' person who uses their religion as an excuse to be horrible people

• The vast majority of Muslims are fairly nice people, there are just some extremist groups that understanberbly do not like the main superpowers such as the U. K. and the United States of America

• I am a Muslim and I think it is good enough for me. I will not leave it.
    Islam put forth rules and laws for a reason and it is the only purely monotheist religion in the world which seems logical to me.
    Apart from the general bias I still think it is the best there is and I will probably be a monotheist even if I by any chance left the religion.
    Muhammad is the last prophet who was given the revelation by Allah and it is called Koran.

By the what is there to hate about it?

• violence. killing people.

• I get what you mean

but sometimes less is more... but I understand

• @TripleAce Thanks for understanding.

• I honestly don't know a lot about islam but I wouldn't judge a person just based on their religion - I will get to know them then decide about them.

• I feel Islam is just another faith, a religion to be tolerated, its a diverse belief, just like many others and has interesting points which define it

• AWSOME u hate us the world is gonna end now , we rise on ur hate my dear asker I hope u get all that hate from ur heart and actually enjoy living without hate and the shocker I AM A MUSLIM 😎😎😎 of course a storm of down vote will come

• I oppose all religions and religious faiths of any color (this includes political religions as well). I believe in science, rational thought, human maturity, logic, knowledge and - most importantly, having the courage and intellectual humility to admit when you simply don't know something and perhaps can't know it (without making any stupid, unjustified assumptions).

• It is the very anti Christ and Muhammad is a false profit

• I have read some of the Koran (English translation ) and have know quite a few Muslims including both Sunni and Shiite. The devotion of the religion is absolutely beautiful, there is nothing wrong with any beliefs. I do take issue with any religion that converts by the sword, that includes Christianity. But as long as they let me worship my gods in my way then, as far as I am concerned they can worship their God in their way.

• Its a religion my mom and dad are muslims but I am not I don't agree with everything they say or and believe in. 2 of my 4 brothers are Muslim also

• I don't know judge any religion unless their bad people that try to harm , sure all religions can get a bad name. What about the Priest and what they have done?
    What about when you go to a Protestant church and guy says to your little sister wow i wish i was your age? Now that is sick and we think them people can't do harm we got another thing coming?

• I don't hate Islam. It's a very misunderstood religion even by a lot of the very people that supposedly believe in it.

Muhammad was a hypocrite the Quran teaches a whole lot of things that directly contradict what Muhammad was doing.

• dont mind the normal every day people who follow islam they are cool.

Just dont like the extremists of any kind of group unless your a had core buddhist XD

• I'm perfectly fine with someone having Islam as their religion, what I'm not fine with is a few minorities of Islam using their religion as justification for killing innocent people.

• OMG!!!😱😱 @elissadido will u marry meh alrdy ma Myslim cutie! Gawd dammit! 😔

• Okaay just set a date and a location and I'm good to go!

• @AmeerX I think it's true, and I'm curious to know why lol

• @elissadido dont believe these jelly bastards. There is only like 4 cuties that i actually keep in touch including u and the others i juz say stupei and random things outta boredom but u ma Muslim babez... has gotten a piece of ma heart 💖

• I think it's just another religion and I'm indifferent about it.

• this is the finest work done from the devil, just look at all the bad it causes.. to be good we don't need a book. We know how to be good, it just allows the bad to flourish and that's what the devil always wanted

• you of course realize that the same can be said for every religion? millions have died in the name of Christianity, Judaism and many other religions. Plenty have used religion as their pulpit to commit horrible atrocities

• "How most if not all beleive that if you don't follow Muslim religion you are going to hell"

maybe it depends where you are from. I live in Philadelphia. There are 1000s if not 100,000s of Muslim citizens. I have at least a dozen friends who are. I've met few if not none who exhibit what you are talking about. they are caring, loving, peaceful people... just my experience though

• all religions are jokes

• I hate all religions.

• Perhaps, hate is a strong word to use here. I will amend my previous opinion. I do not believe in any religion. I do not have hatred towards any religion.

• I don't think about these things. None of my concern, really.

• I only know that it's a place in the world.

• Islam is problematic to the same extent other religions are.

• Islam is not a religion of peace, muhammed is a peaceful person, "person"

• It obviously doesn't work all that praying yet still plagued with famine, poverty and war. Ok

• I think that people who aren't extremist about it, are cool, but, I'm Jewish, so, I get a lot of hate from them

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 14

• I dislike it.
    Mohammed was a greedy, murderous paedophile but Muslims seem to ignore that part and think he's the prophet.

• Christianity says women have no rights
      gays are an abomination and should be destroyed
      slavery is ok
      beating your children is ok

... just saying

• How about shintoism?

• Sure but it's not about what the religion teaches it's about what the people are willing to follow

Because we all know religion could easily be complete nonsense, so what people follow is what matters

• I have respect for Everyone's religion and culture.
    I married a man from Egypt who was a Muslim and I even resided out there for awhile and got to know their style. We never had a problem with me being a Christan or anything, however Blending, there were some family problems, all of us living under the same relationship roof.
    I have no problems with Islam, it is the Radical Ones I despise. I feel they are Disrespectful to their Prophet Muhammed, but they do follow what He says, just like the Good Ones do, sharing the "Call to prayer" as well.
    Good luck. xx

• 5|2
  • OMG let the hate begin! I think these kinds of questions are only here to create hate and they shouldn't be aloud.
    Ok good darling you hate us, take a medal why do you need to post a question about this? Smh...

• i think they get a lot of hate they dont deserve

• Saying "I hate it" shows how immature and childish someone is.. as for your question.. and what you think I really don't give a fuck..

• you hate islam?
    nothing wrong with hating a set of ideas, which is what any religion is basically
    not a fan either...

• It's just another religion... some adherents are seriously fucked up, most are decent.

• I wouldn't convert, but I don't hate it by any means. There's good in just about every religion.

• I don't hate Islam but there is certain things about the religion that i dislike/disagree with but that's the same with any other religion

• What's the point of these questions, it's not like you're here to get an opinion, let's be honest

• absolutely disgusting. violence all the time, every where!!

• Muhammad believed women were inferior to men with regards to intelligence, testimony and religion and that they should not be appointed to positions of public authority. Traditional interpretations of the Quran find men to be the physical and intellectual superiors of women, both ontologically, since woman is considered to have been created for his pleasure, and moral-social, with the "completeness of mental ability, good counsel, complete power in the performance of duties and the carrying out of (divine) commands." Conservatively, women are considered unfit for any work or activity because of their physiology and child-bearing ability. The women's role, then, is to oblige to be subjected to man, by which alone she can have any meaningful identity.

• A 2012 United Nations Women's study found that 33% of women in Egypt have experienced physical domestic violence in their lifetime, while 18% report having experienced domestic physical violence in last 12 months.
      Another United Nations national study in 1995, 13% of the women (age 15-49) were victims of domestic abuse within the previous 12-month period. 34% of the women had been subject to domestic violence during some period of their life. In a 2004 study of pregnant women in El-Sheik Zayed 11% of the women (age 15-49) studied were victims of domestic abuse within the previous 12-month period and, also, during some period of their life.

According to Egyptian Centre for Women's Rights and World Bank Social Development Group's 2010 report, 85% of Egyptian women report of having experienced sexual harassment.

• I'm indifferent. I'm not religious but don't mind what others chose to believe. Of course, extremist in any religion isn't good, in my opinion. But I'm not really familiar with Islam or Muhammed.