Are mac computers good?

Getting into engineering and I will use computers more often and stuff so is the Mac good for it

Most Helpful Girl

• love them. glad i made the transition.

Most Helpful Guy

• Macs themselves are well-put together machines that will last you years. However, you need to find out what software you need to run and what OS it's for. If it comes down to it, you can always buy a Macbook and installed Windows on it in a Bootcamp partition. That's what I did and have no complaints.

What Girls Said 2

• I just bought a new one after 7 years. Why, because my old mac was outdated. I've used macs forever and I've never had a problem with them.

• yes they are.

What Guys Said 5

• Just get a PC
    Mac = Weird looking more expensive PC

• yes. they are.

• The actual computer itself is no different than a good pc cuz all the parts are manufactured by the same companies: intel, nvidia, gigabyte, corsair, western digital, etc. You're just paying thousands of extra dollars for an operating system, status, and pretty design.

They're overpriced and over hyped.

• I'd suggest to use a Windows PC for engineering. Most of engineering software are available for Windows. Mac has limited choices. Anyway you can buy Mac and install Windows but you need a Windows copy. That'd be more expensive. Also Mac are overpriced like hell.
    For engineering... go for Windows based PC ^^

• if you have extra money to get rid of they are