Apple or HP laptop?

I'm thinking about getting my own laptop, I'll mainly be using it for school/uni work, searching the internet, etc (I don't really game). I'd like to know your opinions on which would be best. Thanks :)

• Apple
  • HP
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you need any applications that are specific to Windows or OS X? If not... then a Windows laptop will be cheaper, but an Apple one will be physically more robust but more expensive.

• I honestly haven't really looked into it, what apps do they specifically have?

• That's something you need to figure out. Some college courses might need you to do work with certain applications that might only be available for certain operating systems. Doesn't sound like this is the case for you.

If you are really only just going to use it for web browsing and school work (which is basically MS Office) then it really is up to you. I personally prefer Macs for their build quality and lifespan but don't like their price premium. HP is a well-respected brand that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a windows one, a Sony Vaio that I've had since 2007, he's like Yoda lol.

Next time I'll buy a mac book though, not because I don't like windows but because my fiancé works at a store where they sell electronics and he claims apple is the brand they have least problems with (reparations, programs and computer crashing etc) and the most satisfied customer rate.

What Guys Said 11

• I went for Apple because the number of times windows has let me down is crazy. Hewlett Packard is a great brand to but sadly for Hewlett Packard is Windows lets them down. I don't like Windows.

• I love how we have the same reasons lol

• @Whoooooooooo Yes I was having issues with windows. It started playing up and never was sorted. I got fed up with windows in the end and moved to OSX and have never looked back. I will never use Windows again probably.

• I went fo Apple cause Windows has failed me so many times and was constantly laging. Now my laptop is really fast and snappy and is perfect for university and the battery lasts up to 8 hours.

• Yup I used my Apple at university to.

• @lonerider my pockets would have been empty anyway had I bought the Windows laptop I was gonna buy instead

• Windows is not slower than apple. Its because we dont manage it properly. we dont clean it up from time to time. a simple disk defrag would do wonders

• Apple is nice but they are way too expensive for what you get and you'll be limited with the software. So if you get one make sure that you can run everything and don't need to install Windows.

HP is okay but if you get a Windows Laptop, then I'd get a Lenovo one. They have good discounts for students too.

• Apple sucks in my opinion. I had a mac for a while and it was alright but not compatible at all, and slowed down really fast when downloading and processing stuff. Windows is my choice now for everything.

• Just get the HP. 7/8 years ago a Mac wouldn't get a virus, but that's no longer the case. The difference in quality is marginal, and the Apple is significantly more expensive. So you should probably go with that (though a Dell would be even cheaper) they will be able to accomplish what you need

• Get an apple, because you can set it up for dual boot and get the best of both from the same computer. "You can run Windows and Ios at the same time..."

• For the way you are going to use it

There is no substitute for an apple laptop! Expensive maybe but it's the only one that has lasted so long with very minimal issues... and the experience was much better than other brands

• Honestly, look up Chromebooks. Cheaper, and if you're only really needing it for school, better. You can use Google Docs in place of Word, and really, almost everything that other computers offer you can do on a browser nowadays.
    And, did I mention, they're cheap? I got mine for about $350 (acer, touchscreen, very fast.) It's awesome. Of course, I'd pick Mac any day, but money is always an issue

• Apple apple apple!

• i suggest apple if you have an iphone because everything would sync up and its convenient.

• I've used HP, but Apple is probably the better product. It really depends on how much money you want to spend and how long you plan to use it. If just for a few years then buy the HP. If you want high quality stuff and want to use it longer than a few years and willing to pay for it then go with Apple.

What Girls Said 5

• HP are a lot more reliable for saving files and more useful for writing up essays. Apple are okay but just not as efficenct for work, from my experience anyway.

• I switched from a Macbook to a HP, and won't ever look back. Apple has awful quality for money, whilst with most PCs you'll a lot more for the same price. Microsoft also learned their lesson about operating systems with Vista, and I've found all systems since are pretty good. I've had a lot of issues with Apple OS failing and not doing what I want.

• A hp laptop is sufficient enough for typing assignments and surf internet.

I dont like how apple makes it harder for non apple software to be used in their o. s. H. p. Has different prices for different laptops.

• Definitely HP for me

• Most people here propably haven't owned both hp and apple. I have. Hp broke after 2 years. I did take good care of it. 2 years, and it turned slow, and shitty. I would also like to add that same happened to 2 of my friends who owned an hp.
    I have owned my macbook pro about 4 months so I can't say how long it'll last but it is soooo much smoother. It is quiet, beautiful, fast and I love it.

• I mean people who voted. Most commenting people have experiences to share.

Also what type of computer do you need?