Why isn't God helping me out with my lonelyness?

Most Helpful Girl

• God works in mysterious ways. first, in order not to be lonely, u need to remove yourself from the situation of loneliness.

then you reflect and pray. you need to make an effort to rid yourself of this problem. you have to open your heart to listening to God, whether its through the bible or someone else.

if God doesn't answer u straight away, He ain't ignoring u. There r 4 potential answers. Yes, No, Not Now, or I have something better in mind. trust in his timing and have faith, but u must... MUST be willing to take steps yourself also.

Most Helpful Guy

• -----For other commenters ----
    First of all, i would like to say something to all those who came on here and insulted the asker based on his beliefs. It is against my religion to mistreat you based on your beliefs and i expect that you do the same. You came on to this post, not because you thought you were going to 'convert' him (because that just doesn't happen unless your belief is already faulty), with the sole purpose of insult him and being rude, crude, and all around socially ignorant. YOU are the reason there is a hatred for those who do not believe in God (s).
    ------ For the Asker -----
    A couple of months ago i was probably feeling the same way you feel, if not worse. Not only was i a kid who had not sense when it came to talking to women, but i was also horrendous at making friends and many people just thought i was kind of odd. However, im not here to talk to you about women, nor friends Im here to talk to you about your relationship with God of whom i assume you are referring to an Abrahamic god, more specifically Christian.
    So to start off, the previously mentioned time was prior to my taking up of Christianity after losing my way for a number of years. But to gain full perspective we need to go farther back, to when i was born and more importantly where i was born. I was born in Belgium and while i was still a child my family and i ventured through Europe and, according to my estimation, visited at least 52% of all european countries. Initially this would sound like a blessing, but when you realize that i was only 4 years and barely had a functioning mind, let alone a memory, when this all happened it starts to take on a different perspective. When i was around 5 years of age we moved to the states but it wasn't until the age of 10 or 12 that i started to slide into a deep state of depression. The impact that not knowing what your birth place looked like except for the few haunting memories that creep into your dreams is known by few and hard to relate to. Either way that constant area of sadness plus my poor status in the elementary school hierarchy led me to a few rash and ignorant prayers. I would close my eyes at night and i would pray for things like 'a trip to Belgium' or 'to become really cool' and, obviously, they would not be delivered into my hands. After a few years of this i abandoned Christianity and, for a year or two, experimented with Buddhist theories and teaching. However i still could not find any form of peace from these

• haunting thoughts and low social niche.
      It was upon seeing the Hiaga Sophia on a trip to Turkey (what i would consider my first and only foreign venture) that i took the first step towards Christianity. It was at the age of thirteen that i finally started to ponder what the real views of Christianity were versus those that the priest on your t. v. tell you, it was this first step that started a chain reaction that would led to my overall conversion as an orthodox Christian.
      Now before i continue im going to ask you if you even want to hear this. Its hard to sum up such complex things such as religion, especially if you have had a difficult journey to your current standing and opinion. I would also like to state that i do NOT in any way support you seeking the help of others, i believe that it is up to you to find God through your own eyes before coming to me. However, i do not wish to transgress upon you and if you wish to hear my advice just say so and i will continue writing my

• story tomorrow.

Reply ASAP! :)

• THIS. ^^^
      assholes coming on here giving the stupidest answers without any regard for anyone else but making themselves look funny.

What Girls Said 10

• God gave you a mind and will of your own. Use it. If you are lonely then first, make peace with it. Then, find some sort of activity that allows you to get out and be around people. Start talking to others. Set an intention to meet people who have similar interests as you. You posting this question here on GAG and people answering is God helping you out.

• Because 'god' gives you the free will. It was never said that god will help people accomplish things, or grant them happiness, just like that. You have to make smart choices, just like everyone else, to combat loneliness.

• Because he isn't on this earth to be your friend, people are. Join a new club, broaden your own interests and get involved in your community, if you put the effort in, you will make some friends. No point just moping around, that never solved anything.

• Because he doesn't exist.

• That's like asking why Santa didn't get you that expensive toy you wanted.

• 1|0
  • Because even if a god existed, I don't think it would help people that won't help themselves.

• Because God, as a deity who is concerned with human life and welfare, doesn't exist in my opinion.

• Because God isn't real.

• I'm an atheist so giving a theological answer would be hypocritical of me. I'm not here to be a dick about it though

I'm sorry that you feel lonely :( . I hope you find a close group of people who can make you feel better soon <3

What Guys Said 11

• Because God helps those who help themselves and it sounds like you're not doing a damn thing yourself. Am I wrong?

• God will only help those who work hard and help themselves. Focus on whatever you can control and leave all the things that you cannot control for God.

• So your just sitting around waiting for God to get rid of your lonleyness? God wants action, sitting around isn't going to solve anything. I get real tired of people saying " why won't God fix [random problem]?" Well maybe you gotta get up off your ass and get moving. Maybe God has got it all set and up and waiting for you to make the move, but your just sitting around.

• Wait for it wait for it wait for it..

• God won't save you, but the red pill will.

• I'm not at all religious but I did hear somewhere that "God helps those that helps themselves". But if I'm honest I think that before you tackle the loneliness issue u need to learn to love yourself. Just about everything falls into place after that.

• because you want crowd and these days crowdy places are dangerous... i want loneliness and he wants.. i don't know what

• If you believe in God, try reading 1st Corinthians chapter 7. Do your deed.

• what? praying to your old man on a cloudy doesn't improve your life? how weird

• Because god is a 40 year old virgin guy who plays video games in his moms basement what are you doing to help his loneliness? DUDE JUST CHEER US IT WAS A JOKE THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

• Because he doesn't exist.

Get your ass outside and meet someone. Action. Effort. They are required of you.