Why can't I write?

Ijust can't. I have tried. I can't write anything. I have writer's block maybe. What should I do? I have inspiration but my mind's like a big black hole, I feel dumb :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I think writing comes with experience and practise not to forget the constant motivation to write better along with constructive reading. I've always wanted to write better and when I see people write better it kinda makes me sad but happy at the same time that I've the tendency to write better because I can give my opinion on something and it could be totally different from others. If you want to be a good writer I'd say start off fresh and just write about anything. Even if you think your writing sucks tell yourself that itll gdt better someone. And don't forget to read!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it is anxiety? Fear of failing? Try to be COMPLETELY relaxed when you're about to start writing.

And remember that it is okay if you don't like the poem (or whatever you're writing?) at first. There is still room for improvement. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Also keep a small notebook with you. Sometimes when I am outside a random thought crosses my mind and I get the urge to put it into writing so that I don't forget it. And as soon as I get home I keep thinking about it.

Good luck!💕

What Guys Said 11

• When I get writers block, at least for music, the steps I usually take are...
    1.) Start writing about completely anything. Free thoughts. If it is music I'll just start messing around and hit things. Don't really think too much "what do I write about," but rather just start writing. From then, I start to organize the thoughts. I'll take the pieces of the chaos that I like and start to organize them into a pattern, which gets organized into a story/song/lyrics. Add characters, add twists, add own takes onto it. The purpose of this is to create new ideas and get out of usual thought patterns. It sometimes produces a new thing that you didn't realize you could make.

2.) If that doesn't work, then that means nothing at all is coming to mind. That means I need more exposure to other ideas. This usually involves listening to music for me. I ask myself, "what makes this piece so great? What can I do to make my music/lyrics as great as this?" From there, I go back to step 1 and start trying out stuff to build on to what the new exposure gave me.

3.) If that doesn't work still, then you may need to just refresh your mind and take a breather. Like others said, go for a walk, sleep-- anything that will distract you enough to get your mind completely off what you are doing. From there, you can go to step 2, and then go to step 1.

• go for a walk. read a book. listen to some music. or do some free association exercises. start with a word and then write words that come to mind around it

• as a songwriter i know how you feel but accounting what you think about during your sleep has seriously worked for me... in your sleep thats when your thoughts go wild so i have got into a habit of making a note every time i wake up with what i have had a dream about... for me anyway i have been able to remember every dream i have every night. obviously there will be days when you won't remember a dream but dont feel dumb its normal... is it surprising that the most successful beatles song came from a dream Paul McCartney had

• As a fellow writer, I know what you mean, girl. My advice: Watch a LOT of movies. One WILL give you the inspiration you need!

• Try mind mapping works for me

• I think because your mind has been blocked by yourself. You have to release yourself, Go eat my pizza and Hamburgers, Then take a break and make sure your brain gets plenty of oxygen.

• Maybe you need to try wrist exercises that may help i know what you mean i get that it goes in my wrist , upper arms, etc

• what do you typically write?

• Short stories and poems. But I've been 'trying' to write an 'autobiography'. So far my success rate is zero.

• work backwards. start writing about where you're at know, and write about the events in reverse sequence that led up to where you are now.

• Get a cupcake Xc then music and movie

• 3 shots of tequila and a night of kinky sex always cures my writers block

• Take some more time off, relaxation time, lie on your bed, put on headphones, turn up a really soothing song, and just relax for as long as you want.

What Girls Said 3

• Go for a walk, listen to music in headphones, google quotes & pictures. Have a completely blank piece of paper in front of you, and just write down everything you can think of. Sentences, nouns, words, feelings, it can just be ANYTHING! You just have to let it take some time, just clear your mind.

After that, sort out the things that you can develop into stories/poems/whatever it is you feel like writing. After that, choose just one idea and put extra effort into this, and write a mind map.

This usually works for me when I'm stuck. Keep writing.

• I get writer's block sometimes. You can:

Go for a walk and clear your head.

Change your environment (maybe change rooms or go outside somewhere nice).

Listen to music.

Maybe exercise a bit to get your blood flowing.

• When you have writer's block, the best thing you can do is not think about writing for a while. Let the inspiration come naturally on its own.