Parental consent requirement on teen abortion?

What do you think about it? I think parents must not be able to make this choice for their daughters because it's her decision. It's up to her first, then the father, then them. Of course their opinions should be asked if they're going to support their daughter financially, but they shouldn't have legal power to make a choice that isn't theirs.

• Parental consent should be required
  • Parental notification should be required
  • No parental consent/notification should be required

Most Helpful Guy

• The parents should be financially liable. I don't care if they decide or not or hold the power to stop the abortion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it should be illegal period

• I don't think I understand this answer. Are you saying should be illegal for minors to get abortions?

What Guys Said 3

• I think parents must be envolved on some way if it's a minor. But they must not deside "you will abort" if the girl does not want.

• Or "you will not abort"

• Yes. Again, depends of the number of days that have passed.
      Also, and probably more important, to evaluate the girls psychological profile to consider or not her wish.

• I agree with you. I think they should be informed but it shouldn't be their decision.

• Its not the body of the parents.

What Girls Said 1

• It's none of their business if she doesn't want it to be. Her choice. Letting them be notified could be terrible if her parents are pro-life. They could shame or hate on her... I think notification would do more harm then good