Is self-hatred bad if I don't have depression (read details)?

I've been told I show a lot of signs of self-hatred, such as lowering standards of myself, making fun of myself, comlimenting others and insulting myself, and comparing myself to others. The thing is, I don't think I have depression, but I still feel useless, unintelligent, and lacking in every skill. I always run away from how I feel and make a joke about it.

• Don't worry, it's fine
  • See someone about this

Most Helpful Girl

• you have mentioned signs that somewhat show depression, but it's not full blown depression. I do it too, and most people, especially my mom, tells me it's just for attention... I, however, do not think it's for "attention" because I do not want anyone to compliment me out of the blue for no reason, especially boys/men because they are usually grody looking and that's not me. I just think that people are more attractive and outgoing than I am. but I recently was taken to psychiatrist about it and they did some strenuous tests and all that, and said I have a more severe type of depression (which I doubt that that's you). Either way, I don't think you should down yourself anyway, because everyone is beautiful, intelligent and skilled. Way more than I am, since I just write pointless things to get to my point about someone's question...

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• Well., i have Bipolar and self hatred but never none against others so it could be form of some type of depression you have hard to say.

• If you're not doing anything horrible (shaking babies, kicking puppies, slapping old men) that brings on these emotions, then you probably should see someone about it.

• You are putting bad thoughts and feelings into your brain. That will lead to depression in the long run, because what you tell yourself is what you will believe.

• The man who keeps running never looking back because he dare not out of shame.

Don't join the club