Why do men try to maintain a distance from you when you are alone together and they are married?

My old pastor would drop me off first even though I lived the furthest away because I was a woman and they were men and he did not want people to think he was sleeping with me. Are all people this paranoid?

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, I'm sure he wanted to be considerate towards you because you're a woman.

What Guys Said 3

• makes sense to drop you off first if it was dark. But I'm sure I would do the same , just to stop rumors from spreading with the other men in the car. Because you never know who might have an eye on your wife and ready to try and blow your marriage any chance he gets.

• It prevents speculation and false accusations. Dropping you off first with witnesses protects both of you. No one wants to be accused by their spouse of something they didn't do, or by others for that matter.

• Because he WOULD be judged and have gossip about him if he always ended up having you be the last one he dropped off.

What Girls Said 2

• Why wouldn't they want to keep their distance? They're MARRIED.

• Um because people talk, like he said. He's protecting his rep and your honor. It's not a big deal