Are Latin people counted as a race like white people, black people?

Nothing else to say, I guess, question is clear enough. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a race, also Latino (a) people can also be black and white.
    It's really just based on ties with people living in Latin America.

Most Helpful Girl

• Plainly speaking, the term 'Hispanic' just means Spanish speaking so if Spanish is someone's primary language then they are Hispanic.
    In the interests of being politically correct, the term 'Latino' means to come from Latin America and is not a race, however it is commonly used in reference to people who are mestizo (Amerindian/white) or mulatto (white/black) racially, as these are the most common races present in Latin america, however a Latino can be white, black or Asian also.

What Guys Said 2

• I guess no, maybe I am not racist enough to give you right information

• I guess it depends who you ask, just like with the other 'races'. The FBI has started listing them separately in crime statistics. Their criteria for race is the most rational one I know. You are whatever 'race' you say you are.

What Girls Said 1

• No. A Latino/Latina (in North America) is a man, boy, woman or girl of Latin American origin or descent. It's not a race.