Do you think people with little experience can still offer good advice?

Let's say you need advice for something and someone with little experience with your problem tries to give you advice. Do you think that person can still give you good advice potentially?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Because people who are not directly involved in that situation can look at the whole ordeal logically without any emotional attachment. They see it from a different angle and can tell you what's more reasonable and what the outcome of your actions might be. You don't need to have similar experiences to be able to give good advice. You just need to be wise enough...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, because everyone has a different perspective. How else do things get invented? They don't get invented by people with experience necessarily; they get invented by people with confidence and conviction. It's the same with advice and ideas. It doesn't hurt to see all perspectives. Then using logic and reason, decide what advice is applicable.

What Girls Said 2

• I have no experience dating but I've been able to give my friends good advice.

• I don't see why not. They might still be able to see things from a fresh perspective and could still offer helpful points.

What Guys Said 3

• Well some of the questions are logic/common sense based so experience isn't nessesary. If it's something I'm not sure about I'll often put a disclaimer at the end of my advice to cover my ass. Something like "I don't have much dating experience so take what I said with a grain of salt".

• Of course. It all boils down to what the problem is and how intelligent the person you're asking advice from is, though.

Sometimes having advice from someone who isn't as caught up in something as yourself, is what you need to push forward.

• Yes, I think so.

• How so? Without the experience wouldn't you be less likely to take their advice?