Gagers, do you live far from your Family? How do you deal with Homesickness?

My heart is torn between 3 countries, my homecountry, the country where I was born and raised and were my parents live, and the country where I live now. Sometimes I get extremly homesick, what do you do in such situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I live 12 hours away in plane from my parents, and 8 hours from my sister.
    I miss them a little, but not too much, I know it's what I have to do accomplish my goals and dreams, so it's a sacrifice I have to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have lived in 4 countries since I was born, 5 if including this one I'm currently residing in. One's the country I was born, three's the one I grew up in, and one is currently the one I'm in right now.

Maybe because I have families all over Asia, I rarely feel homesick. I currently live 6 hours away by plane from my mum, and god knows how lot more hours by plane from my other families in other countries.

I know its something I have to endure if I want to achieve what I want even if I feel homesick at times. I just simply Skype them or whatsapp them when I miss them. Or sometimes because of the goddamn timezone, I just immerse myself in music and let my thoughts flow along with the notes. Or if I really can't then I'd practice gymnastics or do yoga, that helps a lot.

What Guys Said 7

• Well i live 3 hours away from my mom, 4 hours away from my sister (by car) and 9hours away from italian family (by plane)

I text them, call them, Skype, or i just watch Italian movies, or Spanish shows :)

• OMG haha I hate arab songs/series/movies, since I moved to Europe all I do is listen/watch them haha

• haha! thats great! it helps to hear the language! it feels so good when i hear Spanish, or italian it reminds me of my mom and aunt :)

• Mhmm about 3500 miles away or so... not missing my homelife one bit. But advice to help you would be to simply meditate, might help.

• i live in Australia, i was born and raised in germany, my parents still live there and i get a bit homesick now and then... my cure? GYM and my Studies

• I've lived 1or 2 timezones away from my family for a long time now

• I don't know how I'll deal with such situations in the future. But I think whenever I miss home I'd Skype with my family! And have enough savings to visit them at least once a year

• It normally takes 6-9 months for the homesickness to go away. Once that period is over, you will get used to it.

• I see only two countries there, your home country and the country were you were BORN and RAISED are the same thing

• No I was born/ raised in the middle east, I''m from African and I live in Europe

• If your born in the Middle East you from the Middle East, ur parents are from Africa

• I only have an African passport, and my whole family expect the small one (parents+siblings) live there

What Girls Said 4

• No... my family moves out... and to the left.

I can watch my grandma's tv from my kitchen window. And she lives across a field. My cousins all live around me, so do my aunts and uncles. My family has taken up residence in this tiny village place and we see each other so much that there's no real thing as 3rd cousin twice removed... we just lump 'em all together as "cousin."

Which, of course, means that they're off limits for dating lol. Even if the rest of the world would argue that your great great grandfather's brother married a lady and had a kid who had a kid who had a kid who had a kid and that kid happens to live down the street because the great (x2) grandfather and his brother were neighbors all those years ago.

I have a cousin named Ross. He's biologically my 8th cousin or something but we act like 1st cousins.

Sorry, I digress... no, I don't live far away from any of them.

Except my mom's side. They live 10 hours north of us.

• I know how you feel! I have a lot of family pictures all over my living room and on the fridge door. I also have one of my dad's old sweaters :) I incorporate my mother's household habits and sometimes wear her signature lotion or just call/Skype them if I'm really missing them.

• awww I would love to put some pictures in here, thanks for the idea <3

• Yes she does have some habits, I'll try to recreate them ^^ Thanks again <3

• You're welcome

• I feel so bad for you :(

My family lives like 10 minutes from me, we live on the same street. I hate where I live and I want to move but I want to be close to my niece and before that I wanted to be close to my grandmother, I may end up moving further away but I just can't bring myself to do it just yet lol

• I wish I did. Homesick, wouldn't know what it is. Every time I travel I barely call.