Do you consider your pet to be a member of the family or is it just a pet to you?

I'm just curious because in our family, pets are like members of the family and so when that pet passes away it hurts a lot and is very heartbreaking and sad to us. But, I know some people don't see pets that way. Hence why I'm asking the question, I'm curious how many people see there pet as family member and how many don't.

So, how do you view pets?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents' dog of 11 years just passed away. I grew up with her; she was my sister. We built a casket for her to be buried in, and I etched a boulder for her headstone. We buried her with pictures of all of us together as a family, so that she would always have us in a way. I planted a bunch of wildflowers over her grave. When I'm watering them I take a moment to sit down and talk to her. It helps, though I doubt I'll ever feel completely whole again.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes of course! Pets are a member of the family. Both our cats were lovely. They have both now died of old age. We had lots of lovely moments with our cats.

• My dog is a dog but also a family member and I refuse to demean her by putting silly cringy baby clothes on them... they need to have dignity for God sakes

• Yes, they are family, we even hold little pet funerals in the back yard.

The little furries and feathers r part of us!

• Pets are always members of the family... anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't have pets! :-D

• I've always viewed them as family and they've acted as such. It hurt like hell when my dog died..

• yes my fish was a family member to me

too bad he was only around for a day

• Sigh those feels when you're Latino and your parents eat your fish

• I don't got pets.

What Girls Said 5

• My dogs are absolutely part of the family and always will be. We've always had dogs and the ones who have passed are still fondly remembered. 😊

• Very close, like my baby or sister or brother.

• Member of my family... <3

• My cats are definitely a part of my family.

• I had 3 hamsters before and I considered them as family :) They soon died though :(

• Awww sorry do hear they died. Were they old?

• @Applefan1 oh

• Yeah it was so cute. :)