What should I do I am 20 and never had a job?

Everytime I apply online no one ever calls me back!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried going to a local store or restaurant and tried to see if they are hiring? You may have to take a lower paying job first in order to build your experience. Are you currently in college? Can you take a job as a intern?

• I am in college studying to be a dietian.

Most Helpful Girl

• dont apply online, call in to where ever you want to work and ask if they are hiring, if yes bring your resume and references page and a cover letter if you wish into the place where you want to work, walk in confidently and ask if you can speak with a manager. if the manager is there and you get to speak with them, introduce yourself, shake their hand, let them know you are interested in working there, maybe tell them a bit about yourself if you are comfortable doing so, then hand them your resume and ask them if they have an application you could fill out. thank them for their time.

What Guys Said 5

• You gotta go into the store, and ask to talk to a manager and be assertive af

• I know this may not help but i am in the same boat lol

• it will only get worst, in this year the U. S currency will drop about 50% percent at its best it has been predicted by government officials, bankers and cristian preachers.

• calm down , "general speaking" , people usually started to get job and become independent at 25
    just keep trying , are you trying to find online? try different method sometimes , like from newspaper
    just keep trying..

• Well my mom won't get off my back and kinda hates me... How I wish I could quit school and just do something else?

• Have you tried finding work online?

What Girls Said 8

• Most places prefer if you hand them in person. You have to be careful about the hours too. I learned years ago not to apply between 12 and 2. A manager of a restaurant gave me this advice. You don't want to go during their busy hours. Any time you see a hiring sign, go in and introduce yourself and give them your resume. It could help to get your resume professionally done too. It's what helped me. I remember feeling frustrated when I had no experience working and a lot of places want someone with experience. So I finally went to a careers workshop to get help.

• Don't apply on-line! Apply by letter, in your own handwriting, but enclose a good typewritten CV. Even if it only shows your schooling, hobbies etc, it's essential!

• Maybe it's your applications letter? Maybe you use a Bad picture? Maybe the job just wasn't right? You can also try walking in directly.

• Do volunteer work and go to college.

• You have to go look for them then.

Go to the mall, ask if they are hiring, or any stores

Leave your contact info/fill in the application.

Don't just do it once week.

• Start by asking friends and family if they know anyone who may be hiring.

• You're not the only one. Im almost 20 and all i do is just sit at home doing nothing lol

• Yeah... My mom like I can't believe your 20 and never worked... I want work but I apply and no-call... no nothing...

• My parents wouldn't let me work lol. It took me almost a month for them to let me go to this flight attendant recruitment thing, its crazy lol

• Look up ways to answer application questions, submit and resume and cover letter and apply to a million places. It also helps if you look up whose hiring first so you're not filling out apps for places that aren't even hiring in the near future.