Why would someone get so rattled over someone disagreeing with their take?

I'm genuinely concerned. I posted my opinion just like other people did on a topic and the user decided to block me for not agreeing with her. I found it very immature to say the least. In life people won't always agree with you and it seems silly to go out of your way to make it an issue.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/break-up-divorce/a22399-reasons-to-never-take-an-ex-backWhy would someone get so rattled over someone disagreeing with their take?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that just means that this take for them is just a rationalization of their decision to not take their ex back, and they are still hurt from the experience.

But I do believe blocking like this is just petty; however, it isn't technically against the rules, people forge their own experience of GAG as they go.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have encounter people that do this too. Tbh sometimes I wonder why the hell do they comment on my opinion if they didn't care about it, like am I in the wrong for stating my opinion. Lol jeez people. Some block just cause they couldn't figure a way to continue the argument so best way they'd opt for is to just block you.

What Guys Said 2

• People who use the block facility like this and immature and foolish. Their next question here might be one that only you have an answer to. Then they will, of course, miss out on the answer!!

It is only necessary to block in the cases of severe abuse. My sister @juicyjessie has to block several guys who PM out of the blue with sexual questions, despite her profile saying she has a boyfriend and asking for no PM's like that. It's the same reason she doesn't want to make her profile private.

• I completely agree. I just don't understand people who block for reasons other than turning away stalkers. That's why I'm making a list of people that have blocked me that I have written down on my profile.

Oh and notice dat 69%

What Girls Said 2

• That user is well known for being paranoid here. She has mentioned being clinically depressed here. She blocked me on a question, I responded to, and I blocked her back.

• I do tend to block depressive people who posted some weird rude opinions to others. Two have responded to your question here.

• Don't get to worried about it. I have had the same happen to me on a few occasions.