Feeling really down and was wondering if anyone can help?

Just a crappy past 3 days

What Girls Said 2

• What's the problem? :/ What's got you feelin down?

• Thanks for posting...

My parents just constantly yell at me and don't believe in me. If i want to try something new or just do something new my dad always says i can't do it. I'am always depressed cause i feel like i have no support system. I always get told "no you can't do this", "you won't be able to do it". It makes me extremely sad, it might not seem big for you but like i been in the same spot for 2 years now, i want to learn new things but my dad always says that i won't be able to do it or give up after a while. I kind of just believe it :(

• You have got to have thicker skin. Whenever someone, anyone even family, attempts to put you down and deters you from a goal, you must immediately let it go in one ear and out the other. Do not let their words grow like weeds in your mind and overgrow the roses. Or in other words: FUQ WHAT THE SAY. It doesn't matter. You know you better than anyone else and ANYTHING is possible. You can do anything. There's no mountain that's too high, no goal that's too grand! This is the attitude you need to adopt if you want to be successful. Don't be so stoppable.

• you're right

• I'm sorry that you've been having a bad time :(

What happened to make you sad?

*hugs*

• thanks for the internet hug, i really needed it. Well it has not only been the past couple of days but kind of for a long time. Like my parents just constantly yell at me and don't believe in me. If i want to try something new or just do something new my dad always says i can't do it. I'am always depressed cause i feel like i have no support system. I always get told "no you can't do this", "you won't be able to do it". It makes me extremely sad, it might not seem big for you but like i been in the same spot for 2 years now, i want to learn new things but my dad always says that i won't be able to do it or give up after a while. I kind of just believe it :(

• It's your life. I think you should go for what you really want to do. I know that that's harder than it sounds because you live with them and so kind of have to follow their rules.. But there's surely a certain point where you have to decide that they can't control your life so much.

Do you have friends who you can talk to? People who can encourage you, or even just listen if you need to vent? I think that's an important thing when you have a shitty home life.

• yeah i hangout with my friends once a week. I feel a bit better now and thank you for commenting, it really meant a lot, you were apart of making my day today :)

What Guys Said 0