Do you fear the rise of the machines?

It's inevitable. the machines will take over and soon we will need john connors leadership to make us through!

Do you fear the rise of the machines?

They are coming!

Most Helpful Guy

• Very few things are inevitable, including this. First, no one really understands what makes people self-aware so it strikes me as highly unlikely that we could find a way to program that into machines anytime soon. It seems even less likely that self-awareness would happen by accident. Second, if machines did become self-aware, why do we assume that they would want to destroy or enslave us? Those are emotional responses that presumably would not be programmed into the machines. If those tendencies were programmed in, the machines would not need self-awareness. That might even hinder their programming.

What Girls Said 2

• Not in our lifetime not like that anyway

• Not.
    I prefer them to most humans.

What Guys Said 5

• I seriously doubt a robot uprising will ever take place, partly thanks to works like Terminator and Asimov's Robot novels.

Not only that, but I think the first artificial intelligence may well not be an emotional intelligence, and as such wouldn't have the desire to destroy humanity.

• Third image is from I, Robot dude...

• That's exactly why we should have a manual shut down button!

• Nah machines r programmed for specific tasks and will stick to those tasks rather than organizing for themselves.

• No, I've reconciled to it.