How can I be more confident?

Does anyone know of any tips to be more confident? I have self-confidence issues and I'm trying really hard to get over them, but I just can't seem to :/ How do you become confident?

Most Helpful Guy

• Shelly, love yourself because when you do you'll be able to not tey and find happenes else where and your boyfriend will love you for it. Anxiety isn't worth, everytime you are self conscience replaced those thoughts with good thoughts, build yourself up plus yourw attractive you have that going for you. Worry does nothing for you and we have short lives! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Take risks. You only get one life. Work hard at your goals, laugh a lot, love everyone you can and trust yourself. Make a point to do something that you have wanted to do but also scares the heck out of you.

It might be hard at first, but the more you do it, the more proud of yourself you become. That's how you become confident.

Good luck, iamshelly.

What Guys Said 3

• In short I'd say
    Accept yourself, you're only human, humans can make mistakes, people are not going to hate you for it

• Tell yourself you're the shit every day till you believe it.
    Make jokes about how awesome you are.
    Ex: I'm so cool, sub zero wants to date me.
    I'm so hot, I could replace the sun.
    I'm so amazingly awesome... That's it.

Be cocky, for there will always be people that think you have a good reason to be.

• Every day do something that takes you out of your comfort zone.

What Girls Said 4

• depends on what areas you lack confidence in.
    do things that you are afraid of doing so you don't fear them as much any more.
    if you have certain triggers that aren't necessary for daily life, than try to avoid them e. g. if instagram makes you feel self conscious, delete your account.
    read self-help books or watch motivational speeches/videos on the topics where you lack confidence e. g. self help books on anxiety or speeches on body positivity.
    avoid talking negatively about yourself to anyone, especially to yourself.
    work towards your goals and take pride in your achievements.
    "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

• If that's you in your picture you're gorgeous. I'm not sure you can become confident with-in one day but keep telling yourself there's nothing wrong with you and you're enough and maybe one day you'll realize.

• I used to be the same way, and then I stopped giving a shit what people thought about me. I told myself everyday in the mirror that I'm beautiful the way I am and no one can take that from me. Whenever you hear someone try to say something bad about you, mentally tell them to fuck off and get a life. That's what I do! (:

• I'm in no way saying i'm 100% confident because I'm definitely not! I think you just have to learn to love yourself, as cliché as it sounds, but I honestly believe this! This year I have just stopped worrying about my looks less than I did, because I realise now that worrying's only going to make me feel worse and worse about the way I look, so there really is NO point! Instead focus on more important things like education or friends/family. I'd say a big weakness for me is jealousy and being happy for others! It's so easy for me to see a pretty girl and think horrible things about her, picking out things I don't like about her and why she's not as pretty as people think (I do this a lot but I'm working on it) This particular thing I have actually prayed for and asked for help with, and although I still find it a challenge I just know I'll look back in the future and realise how it's changed in me and how much better in feel after it. Instead I would challenge anyone to instead of picking out the bad things in someone, pick out things you really like about them but are too scared to admit (hahaa) and compliment them in your head, or if you're brave enough tell them!! I can assure you this will make you feel really great about yourself, as you'll start to focus on the things you like about yourself, which will then be how kind and complementative you are to others :D Try it, I dare you.