How do you make yourself happy?

I mean, in many ways I should be happy with my life,
I live in one of the great cities of the world, bought my own apartment when I was 25, got a new job that's really cool , and with cool colleagues and boss.

But then on the other hand, my job doesn't pay that well and my salary after paying off the mortgage, food and transport every month literally leave me nothing to spend, and I don't have a girlfriend or even any friends, I have never really had a social circle.

The ironic thing is, my job actually allows me/requires me to hang out with the cool and exciting people it's just that I seem to close myself off to them.

But anyhow, what activities do you do, to make yourself happy when you feel bored or down?

Most Helpful Girl

• Living alone can be boring at first and will drive you crazy. That's why people pair uo. That's why you feel lonely, because your mind begs for a girlfriend to cuddle with

When I moved I noticed I had no hobbies which is why I felt so incomplete. This is the time to discover yourself so pick up new hobbies.

Sign up for a gym, one with a basket ball court. It's a great way to meet new people. These people would rather work out on a Saturday night than go out drinking. I see a bunch of lonely girls working out at my gym.

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen to music and just relax. If that doesn't work then I will do some exercise as that seems to take my mind off anything. I have social anxiety so I close myself off a lot as well but after starting doing regular exercise (5 days a week) I've opened up a bit and seem to get less stressed and anxious in social situations.

This might sound really strange but there's also hypnosis videos on youtube that are made to make you relax. I've used them in the past and if you open yourself to one and let it work then it really does help :)

What Girls Said 1

• Dance classes/practice outings/dance socials
    Golf or other exercise
    Always shopping for better pay jobs
    (of course everyone's nice & "family" to those they underpay ala suckers)

What Guys Said 3

• I am a simple man who enjoys the simple things in life. When I am sad and lonely like now I order myself a pizza and watch my favourite shows.
    For you that thing might be something else. When was the last time you were happy? You can try to do the same thing that triggered this happiness.

• I am a differnet person, I have some serious problems and whatever I do I can't be very happy contantly... So I have to follow my dreams and fix my path in life first then maybe I can be happy...

• I chill with my music