What does this bizarre dream mean?

Last night i had a dream that while me and my mom were driving home i kept seeing this black, hooded figure. The drive was over an hour and i kept seeing it and couldn't understand how it could move fast enough to follow us.

The last time i saw it was right as we were pulling into the driveway. So when we went inside i asked my dad to go outside and see who it was and he said it was a girl with braided hair.

Well i went out and i saw this... giant crab like creature turned upside down with its claws all moving then one of the claws tried to grab me.

At this point i woke up (for real, i was actually awake) and felt like i was being held down and something was trying to steal my body. I kept feeling like it was a demon. I literally couldn't move at all and i was trying really hard and i kept hearing ringing sounds and that sound you hear when all the car windows are rolled down and felt like i was being pulled out of my body.

It also felt like someone else was inside my brain thinking for me and like laughing at me... really hard to describe and scary.

Finally I jerked myself into movement and i put on happy music and have been up and freaked since. Wtf?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sleep paralysis, you are awake but the mind is still like half dreaming and half awake.

Most Helpful Girl

• Figure
    To see mysterious figures in your dream indicates that you are experiencing confusion and ambiguity in some aspect of your life.

Driving
    To dream that you are driving a vehicle signifies your life's journey and your path in life. The dream is telling of how you are moving and navigating through life.

Crab
    To see a crab in your dream signifies you perseverance and tenacity. On an extreme note, you maybe be too clingy and dependent. You are hanging on to a hopeless endeavor or relationship. Alternatively, the dream may indicate that you are trying to avoid some issue. You are being evasive.

Demons
    To see demons in your dream indicates that you may be experiencing or inflicting fear, emotional distress or physical abuse in your waking life. Demons are also symbolic of ignorance, negative habits, and of your shadow self. Perhaps you are being overindulgent and letting some negativity give way to your better judgment. Alternatively, the demons may represent a past secret that is still haunting you.

http://www.dreammoods.com/
    you can look up symbols in your dreams that seem significant to see what they could mean for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Ooh, sinister! It sounds like you have a worry, something which you need to conclude, to figure out and be done with. Are you feeling pressured at all? Have any decisions to be made? Anything from your past, events or people, that have popped up or that are causing issue in your current life?

The moving thing though, I think often when you're in an intense dream the mind can wake before the body and you can feel paralysed, or you may be suffering from sleep paralysis. I get sleep paralysis sometimes, I will feel as if someone is stood over me, watching me and taunting and I can't move a muscle, not even breath. I try and call myself and wake up but its scary and difficult. There are other scenarios though, a common one is to feel someone sitting on your chest and being unable to move.