NASA Finds Water on Mars?

What do you think is possible now that NASA have found water on mars? There are many possibilities.

0|0
2|9

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of possibilities. Like the only reason earth has water was due to having asteroids and meteors crashing into earth while carrying it inside them. Same with life it happened the same way. So it possible that might have happened with mars too with the water. Plus after all the harshness earth went to before life could really start to grow on here. It's possible there might be some life still clinging on in mars.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's alright but to be honest I don't place much significance behind it. It'll be somewhat interesting if we find life but i feel as though at best we'll be lucky to find a single celled organism.

I'm more interested in the fact that people that claim a worldview of reductionism seemed to be obsessed with finding life elsewhere

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 8

• Its not water in the conventional sense. Its basically mud. What they found is water trapped in perchlorate salts. We see this on Earth however the salts are chlorate. Perchlorate salts are very acidic. Nonetheless this is a great discovery and proves that Earth isn't special. There might be planets out there crawling with intelligent life.

0|0
    0|0
  • we would have to do so much to 'revive' the planet. the planet may have water, but what use is it to us being on a dead planet? we can't use the water unless we settle on the planet which is impossible because there is no atmosphere and the core is cold. it is useless to us right now. maybe in a few hundred years we will be able to settle on the planet, with the right technology

0|0
    0|0
  • life may be out there! It would be interesting to see how the evolutionary cycles differ from planet to planet. Mars may be the stepping stone to figuring that out

0|0
    0|0
  • There aren't many possibilities. It's a waste of time and money.

0|0
    0|1
  • NASA will probably try to build a space on there and who knows maybe terraforming it too

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it confirms that life was once on mars, but it died out.

0|0
    0|0
  • cool , may be someday they will bring me to gaze jupiter's red spot on closer look ; p

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully, colonization.

0|0
    0|0