Are men ( in general) faster at running than women?

... i don't mean professional sports women

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes men are genetically designed to be physically superior than women. We are meant to be the larger, stronger, faster, more aggressive species, while women are designed to be more compassionate, loving, and caring for others.

• I agree with that! Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they are genetically built in a way that on average allows a man to run faster than the woman. But the is not always the case obviously.

What Guys Said 8

• The short answer is yes, biologically men are on average faster then women. But that's only the short answer, the longer the run, the more women spring to the front, in ultra-marathon distances (over 50 miles - yes there are foot races of several hundred miles) women compete across the board with men.
    Here's some interesting reading about this:
    www.runnersworld.com/.../whos-better-at-pacing-men-or-women

• Thanks for the link! 👍

• You are welcome, I used to be really into long distance running, and I am working my way back to marathon distances.

• My wife is far faster than me maybe it's because she has a lighter frame and long legs. When we race she always leaves the wind knocked out of me. I may be unfit though who knows, I'd rather rely on individual skill than stereotypes. Not everyone of the same gender is the same and it's foolish to think so.

• Men are generally taller and have longer legs which contributes to faster running speeds.

• yea I think

I'm a speed demon

• if i can assume that women are lighter than men , i think women had advantage to move faster

• Generally yes but not all, fastest runner in the world is a man

• Probably. Men tend to have more muscle.

• For now I will say yes, until a woman knocks Bolt's record off the top.

What Girls Said 1