Why people don't respond to "k" or "yeah"?

I mean if you want to talk to this person, you have to keep the conversation going. I like my best friend (she has a boyfriend for 2 years) and we text every single day. I noticed if I say yeah or k, she doesn't reply like it's nothing. Sometimes I have to create a reason to continue the conversation. Either something dumb or smart, I just want to talk to her.

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause what is there to reply to a k or a yeah? People would get the impression that you don't wanna talk, and I never reply to those either.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• K.

(This is why she doesn't respond afterwards.)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Because people think that it's not putting effort into the convo. Really it's no big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • 'K' and 'Yeah' are usually signals that they're not interested in keeping this subject or conversation going.

0|0
    0|0
  • When someone says "K" to me I think they no longer want to talk to me or their mad or annoyed with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok or yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • well i dont reply to that either

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Because it's not hard to continue the conversation in a better way. Do you say "k" in face to face talking too?

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly usually when I see somebody reply with k to me, that just means the conversation is done with or their rushing it just so they don't have to talk more. Same thing for yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • it is easy.

0|0
    0|0